401k Deferral change file

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Is anyone willing to share how you bring in your changes from the vendor file? Add-ins or BN531?

And then how do you subsequently manage the match limits? From my experience, the correct limit for the new deduction that

was created based on the deferral change has to be manually calculated based upon ytd on the deduction, but there must be a better way.

Thank you for any knowledge that you are willing to share.

Bob Canham
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
      We use IPA to parse and load a file from our vendor to BN31 (adds and changes) or BS32 (stops). We also use it to load any new loans or payoffs into PR14. I haven't heard about any issues with the match limit though.
      Mary Porter
      Veteran Member
      Veteran Member
        Well then that means we aren't doing somethingright then. If we set up BN19.3 with the match limit for the year, then every time we change the contribution amount on bn32 by doing a stop/start, it
        adds the match limit on the associated deduction on PR14 again without taking any previous deduction amounts into consideration, which then doesn't stop the match at the limit. So that's why I'm wondering if it is supposed to be managed differently. What do you put in BN12 Maximum Annual Additions?
        You are not authorized to post a reply.