Java upgrade on LSF 10.0.5.0 (Windows Server 2008 R2)

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author

Our IS Security team is enforcing us to update Java across our entire corporation. One of the servers we need to do is our LSF server, which is running version 10.0.5.0 on Java 1.6.0_43. I logged a case with Infor Support and they simply told me "install Java then point the environment to it." When I asked for the instructions, they told me to talk to their consulting services. We don't want to pursue consulting services as we'd rather do it ourselves. I did some playing around with our test system.

I assumed we needed to do the following:

• Install Java 1.7.0_67
    • Edit the environment variables for Path and LAW_JAVA_HOME.
    • Edit the enter.cmd file.
    • Edit install.cfg.
    • Run laconfig and change the two paths listed for Java.

I ran those steps but the environment service no longer starts. What do I need to do to point our LSF environment to the new version of Java? I'm hoping someone else can fill me in on what I'm missing. Any assistance is very much appreciated!

Carl.Seay
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
      When you install LSF 10.x it configures bouncy castle for you. Did you configure bouncy castle for you new Java?

Unrelated to the error, but I believe WebSphere will need to use Java 7 as well if LSF is using Java 7. WebSphere may need to be version 8.5.5 if it is not already.
      John Henley

Are you running Windows, and if so, which version?

If you're running x64, make sure you are also installing Java 64-bit not 32-bit.

Also, Carl is correct that the java versions installed for the standalone JDK and the WebSphere JDK need to match.

Thanks for using the LawsonGuru.com forums!
        John
        avperez
        Advanced Member
        Advanced Member
          We recently switched from Java 1.6 to Java 1.7 (AIX 7.1, WAS 8.5.5, LSF 10.0.3) and below are the notes that I have from this process.

Also, you didn't mention if Landmark is being used, but if it is - you'll need to switch to Java 1.7 for Landmark as well.

1. Run managesdk to update Java in WAS for LSF (WAS 8.5.5)

a. managesdk –enableProfile –profileName AppSrv01 –sdkname 1.7_64 –enableServers
          b. managesdk.sh –setCommandDefault –sdkname 1.7_64
          c. managesdk.sh –setNewProfileDefault –sdkname 1.7_64

2. Update Lawson.env (PATH, JAVA_HOME, LAW_JAVA_HOME, LAW_JAVA_BIN) to point to '/usr/java70_64’

a. Update install.cfg for reference with java paths

3. Bouncy Castle steps for /usr/java70_64/jre/lib and WAS_HOME/java_1.7_64/jre

a. Used bcprov-ext-jdk16-145.jar and local_policy.jar files from /usr/java6_64/jre/lib/ext and /security
          Luke Sarro

Thank you all for the replies. We are on Windows Server 2008 R2. I forgot to include that in the subject so I updated the subject now. We are on WebSphere 7.0 fix pack 31. A consultant told us that this version will support upgrading its Java to 1.7 so I'm going to start looking into that.

We use Landmark for Process Automation. We have already successfully upgraded to Java 1.7.0_67 on the Landmark server.

I forgot about bouncy castle so I'll look into that... that's probably why the LSF environment service is failing to start.

Luke Sarro
              Bouncy Castle was all I was missing. I forgot about that... it's been a while since I had done anything with that. Thanks!
              Kimm
              Basic Member
              Basic Member

Hi all,

We are now being required to upgrade to the latest version of java, 7u91.  Being a new Lawson admin, I'd like your advice on how to go about this.  We have the following servers:

LSF 10.0.5

LRE 10.1.1

Ming.le

If I use the jdk-7-u91.exe file, will that work across all servers and for both java and WAS?

Also, the steps outlined for the OP...someone mentioned Bouncy Castle.  Can you give me more details on how to update that?

Jimmy Chiu
                Veteran Member
                Veteran Member
                  jdk-7-u91.exe upgrades Sun JDK only. It does not upgrade WAS JDK.

WAS JDK is upgraded by applying the JDK patch from IBM.

You will need to reapply bouncy castle. Check out the LSF installation guide from InforXtreme. Get the one that applies to your verison. Since you mentioned you are new. I highly encourage you to download the installation guide. It is a good resource for you to find out a lot of "How to?".

You probably need to download the new verison of bouncy castle from www.bouncycastle.org also.

Kimm
                  Basic Member
                  Basic Member
                    Thanks for the reply, Jimmy. How do I know which version of WAS JDK I need? I'm guessing I should go with version 7, but I see the following on the IBM site:

IBM SDK, Java Technology Edition, Version 7 Release 1, Service Refresh 3 Fix Pack 20
                    IBM SDK, Java Technology Edition, Version 7, Service Refresh 9 Fix Pack 20

Are these the latest and greatest compatible versions for my Sun JDK?

I did grab the install guide but just getting the version details is proving the trickiest part for me, thus far.
                    You are not authorized to post a reply.