IC211 with pricing?

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Hi - is there a report that pulls in a company specific item master but also brings in the cost of the item? IC211 brings in last cost but what if there is no last cost but we have a PO25 for that item, how can that be brought in?

What if we want to see the cost at the default buy uom instead of the each? 

Does Lawson have some kind canned report for this already? Seems kind of ridiculous if it doesn't, even the most basic systems do.

Kat V
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
      No such canned report exists to my knowledge. It's all Crystal Reports or other SQL.
      SCMaster-jk2
      Veteran Member
      Veteran Member
        Got it. So Crystal would be capable of pulling something like this?
        Jeff N
        Advanced Member
        Advanced Member
          Maybe IC524?
          SCMaster-jk2
          Veteran Member
          Veteran Member
            I ran the IC524 but how do I get the actual csv file with data? It just shows me total count of items that would be in the report.
            SCMaster-jk2
            Veteran Member
            Veteran Member
              To follow up on this, we reached out to infor who confirmed there is nothing canned that has this information. We're trying to do a hospital wide physical inventory but without something that was "This number is x price and y UOM" it's extremely difficult.

Do any of you do inventories such as these and how do you overcome this obvious flaw in Lawson?
              JonA
              Veteran Member
              Veteran Member
                We only do run physical inventories on actual inventory in Lawson. In Infor's defense they don't tie a cost at the item master level because cost can be different for different locations. For instance, one location may not be able to access the same contracts as another. If these are PAR locations you're counting you can run IC283 Par Location Valuation. That has the cost at the PAR uom at least. But if they're not on a par and not an actual asset location then some sort of Crystal report is your best bet.
                Jon Athey - Sr. Supply Chain Analyst - Materials Management - MyMichigan Health
                Mike Bernhard
                Veteran Member
                Veteran Member
                  I think that the IC52x jobs are your best bet. Try IC527. I just looked at the fields and unit cost is one of the fields. Of course, you may have to convert BUY COST / BUY UOM to COUNT COST / COUNT UOM. Lemme know if you want some additional info or want to discuss
                  SCMaster-jk2
                  Veteran Member
                  Veteran Member
                    Posted By JonA on 11/11/2016 4:21 PM
                    We only do run physical inventories on actual inventory in Lawson. In Infor's defense they don't tie a cost at the item master level because cost can be different for different locations. For instance, one location may not be able to access the same contracts as another. If these are PAR locations you're counting you can run IC283 Par Location Valuation. That has the cost at the PAR uom at least. But if they're not on a par and not an actual asset location then some sort of Crystal report is your best bet.

I agree, you definitely can't tie a cost to ITEMMAST. However, I want pricing for each ITEMLOC location (which should take into account the fact that different facilities are getting different prices) but it appears as though Infor can't do it...

Mike Bernhard
                    Veteran Member
                    Veteran Member
                      Hello "SCMASTER-jk2":

After re-reading your original question/post, I have a few more ideas that might work (depending on your org's level of maturity with Lawson and level of expertise with MS ADDINS, etc). Of course, none of these are reports, but I assume you have conceded the notion of finding a report at this point.

OPTION 1 - create a requisition that includes all the items you are interested in; all the sourcing info should default, then extract the req data from lawson (then delete the req). Two methods include:

1a) Download all the active items for your given location from the ITEMLOC table. Manually ADD a Requisition, then upload these items to that Req (make sure you set the CREATE PO flag to YES on all lines and set the QUANTITY = 1; leave the UOM BLANK as it should default to the appropriate Buy UOM). You now have a REQ in Lawson that contains all the items with the vendor, buy unit price and buy UOM that you can download into Excel (from the REQLINE table).

1b) same idea, but instead of uploading the items to a REQUISITION, you could load them to a PO15 template; then use this template to create the requisition (use SELECT ALL feature). You can then extract just like option 1a above. This approach might be more palatable if you need to repeat this process more than once.

OPTION #2:
                      Use the IC52x jobs to create an item location file with pricing. IC522, IC525 and IC526 all contain the purchase cost using the same routine that is used by REQ and PO.

OPTION #3:
                      The patient charge module could also be used but it's a bit overkill unless you are trying to create a repeatable process that results in interfacing data on a regular basis. Also, this approach would not work if you are already using the Patient Charge module for its' intended purpose. Short story = create a price class with a markup % = 100% (in lawson-ease, this means "no mark up"), then assign this price class to every item that you want to obtain pricing for, then run the PC120 to get the file you want.

OPTION #4: data join of IC11, IC12 and PO25 data

This is what many orgs do. In theory it involves simply joining IC11, IC12 and PO25 data. But the complexities of this are often not fully understood and therefore the result is not accurate. For this reason, I think option 1 is a better approach since option #1 uses lawson core functionality to do all the sourcing work. However, if you want to join the data yourself, just make sure that you exclude inactive IC11/IC12 records, that you exclude expired and held PO25 records, that you consider the fact that IC12 allows for vendors to be setup that override the PO25 logic and that you understand the pricing hierarchies as setup in PO Company.

I hope this helps. I think I have exhausted all the things I can think of at this point.....

SCMaster-jk2
                      Veteran Member
                      Veteran Member
                        Thanks so much Mike. Option 1 is a great idea actually, never thought of that before haha!
                        Mike Bernhard
                        Veteran Member
                        Veteran Member

Best of luck.  Hope it works for you.

You are not authorized to post a reply.