Private
Private
Veteran Member
(2913 points)
Veteran Member

Send Message:

--
03/07/2018 2:54 PM

Anyone pulling data out of Epic and marrying it to Lawson supply cost data to create dashboards?  We've been looking for a way to do this even pre-Epic when we had Cerner.  We want to be able to see supply cost per procedure per physician with outcomes (length of stay, re-admissions, complications) and bring in patient demographics.  Can you use Epic's data warehouse, Caboodle to do this?

We are already interfacing supply data from Lawson to Epic daily so I would think Epic would have all the data we need.

Jon Athey - Supply Chain Analyst - Materials Management - MidMichigan Health
    Kat V
    Sr Supply Chain System Analyst
    South Broward Hospital District
    Veteran Member
    (2112 points)
    Veteran Member

Send Message:

--
    03/07/2018 3:22 PM
    Because our interface has supply cost in it, my counterpart in Epic Optime built her own - yes, with Caboodle. They have physician procedure costs, patient demo procedure costs etc. So it should be possible from your side to get to it.
    Massimo Emilione
    Senior Technical Consultant
    Private
    Advanced Member
    (81 points)
    Advanced Member

Send Message:

--
    06/04/2018 3:20 PM
    In theory, if you can find the Epic data in a database then you can combine this info with your Lawson data within LBI or Birst. My preference would be to use Birst as it has a simple to understand modeling system to load any data source to create a star schema and great visualizations to describe your data's story. Let me know if I can help you out.

---