EDI 832 experience

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author
Basic Member
Basic Member
    Is anyone using the 832 transaction? The information available in the documentation is pretty sparse. We are seeing a lot of difficulty keeping our data clean and getting the 3 way match to work well via MA540. We are seeing a lot of corrections come back in PO122 from the 855 transactions. I am wondering whether or not the 832 transaction could help us.

Thanks. Cam
    Bill Ianni
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
      832's are the easiest o the EDI procedures, and they can offer a lot to ease Matching discrepancies. However, beacasue your building Agreements (default pricing), 832's require a bit of strategy by the Materials team. For example, we don't want to build Agreeements automatically which creates the opportunity to use MS ADD Ins to effect certain lines.

One thing I've learned over the years is to change the Matching parameter on MA540, and just let it be responsible or adding invoicies. I and, instead, let MA126 do the Matching. There is a lot going on with MA540, and the program has been patcched frequently with the cyclical MSP's. We also use Process Flow to route errors to buyers before we allow MA540 to add invoices with bad info.

sea2sky
      Basic Member
      Basic Member
        Hi Bill,

You raised 3 interesting points. Could I call you sometime to ask a few more in depth questions?

Cam
        Bill Ianni
        Veteran Member
        Veteran Member
          Certainly
          bill.ianni@abhtechnologies.com
          You are not authorized to post a reply.