EDI 832 with Med/Surg Distributor, Cardinal, and Pharmacy Distributor, AmeriSource Bergen

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Does anyone have experience with implementing 832s and/or know how the 832 process works within Lawson?

Finding any information on how 832s work within Lawson is challenging. Our hospital is looking to start using 832's with our distributors for Med/Surg and Pharmacy products. We know it is unusual to use the MMIS for Pharmacy, but this was set-up years ago and we are stuck with it right now. At my last hospital, we used McKesson's MMIS and 832s were a breeze once we had them implemented. The 832 would pull in to the 832 module, then it would show everything that did not match what was already in the Item Master; this could be price, UOM, catalog# or items without a MMIS number (it showed on the screen what was in the Item Master compared to what was on the 832). We checked which changes we accepted and the system was automatically updated; although we did not use this for UOM due to the inventory impacts. Now that I am using Lawson, people seem to be really baffled as to why I would want to use the automated 832 process versus the manual match, check, and upload through Add-Ins.

The only information I have been able to find is that the EDI 832 file only works in conjunction with Bid Response Load (PO560) according to the Infor Xtreme Knowledgebase. We do not use PO560 and the User Guide doesn't really explain how the 832 would work with this.

Any help or insight is apprecitate.

Thanks,

Rebecca

JonA
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
      I would be interested in knowing more about how this works as well. We have a contracts team that loads Premier contracts in PO25 either manually or with Addins if a large number of items.
      Jon Athey - Sr. Supply Chain Analyst - Materials Management - MyMichigan Health
      JimY
      Veteran Member
      Veteran Member
        We receive an 832 file via GHX for Owens and Minor on a weekly basis. ED502 does the receive and translate. I then have a process set up where I delete the records for O&M from the POBID and POBIDITEM tables using a 4gl program that I created that executes a script. I then run PO560 to load it into the POBID and POBIDITEM tables. Then run PO150 to create the catalog.
        JonA
        Veteran Member
        Veteran Member
          Jim, do you load GPO contracts in PO25? If so, does the price catalog just act as a catch all for those supply items that are not on contract or at least are not loaded in PO25?
          Jon Athey - Sr. Supply Chain Analyst - Materials Management - MyMichigan Health
          JimY
          Veteran Member
          Veteran Member
            Hi JonA,
            We don't using 832's, but I am not sure if our Purchasing department is doing it manually. I will check on Monday and let you know.
            R Phillips
            Advanced Member
            Advanced Member
              JimY,

Does this process do a compare to what is already loaded in the system and allow you to choose which changes you want to accept or is that something you have to do offline?

Also, are the O&M records you are deleting from old 832s? Just want to make sure that I understand.

Lastly (for now since I am sure to have more questions), where does the PO catalog load? Is it updating all items with the same Vendor number as in the 832 regardless of contract or does this have to be loaded under one master contract?

Thanks for the help!
              R Phillips
              Advanced Member
              Advanced Member
                Well, after much investigating we have decided not to use 832s within Lawson. It is actually a much simpler process for us to validate changes in an Excel file and upload through Add-ins.
                Kat V
                Veteran Member
                Veteran Member
                  We get the 832 transmitted to GHX and IT has a script/process flow that moves it to a directory on the lawson server.

I run a PO560 job - the fatal errors (part numbers/uom) go back to the vendor rep. I run an SQL to compare the PO16 created by PO560 to PO25.6 based on item and vendor. Those changes are approved in excel by Contracts and uploaded to Lawson. We just delete the PO16 once we've run our queries.
                  You are not authorized to post a reply.