MA53 to fix MA531 errors

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author
Basic Member
Basic Member

Hi.. I'm trying to implement 856s with Cardinal.   Even though for the most part it has worked fine.. I'm having a few issues that I can'f find answers for within Lawson't documentation.

-First, when a line or header errors out in the ma531 process,  what is the correct way of getting them reprocessed with as little user  involvement as possible? 

-Why when one line on a reference number errors out, does it not go ahead and receive the lines that were fine. Instead it just leaves them out, not noting an error on the other lines at all. Just ends up not on a receipt.

Mike Lamb
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
      1.) You will need to identify the 856 transaction errors in MA53.3. From there you will transfer to 53.1 from the error line. Fix the error on the receiver record and Release it. Once you have done this to get the ‘fixed’ data to interface again you will need to rerun the MA531 with the processing option of D – DB Input. This will pull the files that you fixed and reprocess them. If they are fixed then the receivers will be created. If they still do not match then they will show back up in the MA53.3 screen as an error.

2.) I have not had an issue with it not receiving the entire receiver record if only 1 line has an issue. In my experience if this occurs it is because the Header has an issue and not the lines.

We have been live with Cardinal Value Link for about 6 months now and are processing over 2K lines in the receivers files. We may have 1 or 2 errors a week and that is usually from Cardinal subbing out an item and sending the receiver record with this item; which is not on the PO.
      You are not authorized to post a reply.