PO536 and GHX Contract Integrator

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
    OK, I give up.  We're on Lawson LSF Environment - 9.0.1.8.221 // Lawson Applications - 9.0.1.6

Is anyone here using manual item creation and bringing in GPO contracts from GHX then using PO536 to update pricing?

I've run into an issue that Lawson (of course) says is working as designed and GHX (of course) says no other client on the planet has ever encountered.

I do not want to add new items to my item master, I just want to update existing ones to match a Premier Contract.  I go into Contract Center, click on the Contract Integrator tab and release the contract.  GHX generates a csv/txt file that PFI grabs, puts in the edi/in/ directory and even emails me the file name.

I run a PO536 job - Phase 1 and 3: Yes - Phase 2: No.

Nothing happens. 

I put in a ticket to Lawson and am told (eventually) that my problem is that I manually create numbers and this means that my MMIS numbers must be loaded on the Premier contract and match exactly.

Even though the match is being made by vendor item.

Not quite believing this, I ran a local contract from GHX through as it had some Lawson items on it.  This time, not only did it update pricing, it added the ones with no Lawson numbers as Lawson Items - it apparently didn't care about the manual flag and used the vendor item number (spaces and all) as the Item.  Lawson says this is what it was supposed to do even though I've said repeatedly that we do NOT want to add items, just update existing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  At this point, I just want to know if anyone is actually using GHX Contract Integrator or if we should go slaughter GHX for more free things.
    Karen Sickler
      Hi Kat,  Did you get this resolved?  Are you now running PO536? 
      Kat V
      Veteran Member
      Veteran Member
        No. GHX is "right sizing" our item master to our contract center, at which point we get to try again.
        Mike Bernhard
        Veteran Member
        Veteran Member
          Hi Kat - did you ever get the PO536 to work?
          I have a hospital that I am working with that wants us to get this working and saw your post - figured I would reach out to see if you had any luck.
          Kat V
          Veteran Member
          Veteran Member
            No - as it turned out - for this to work, our Lawson number needs to be loaded on GHX. If it sends across as blank "Buyer Item" from GHX, Lawson translates it as needing a new item number - giving me a weird "Cannot add; item #### exists"
            TerriC
            Basic Member
            Basic Member
              I don't have access to our PO536 screen, but it seems like, if I had this issue, a possible workaround would be to create a macro in Excel to "match and update" a listing of your items (listing Lawson numbers and Vendor Numbers) and have an updated pricing column which then you upload into your system while disregarding all the non-items you don't want from GPOs?
              You are not authorized to post a reply.