AP136 tie to GL90 AP Acct Balance

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author

Looking to see if anyone has had to reconcile their AP accrual account between AP and GL.  I have ran both AP136 and looked at GL90.  When comparing both I am always off by 425k.  I did find one transaction with a source code of AD that was in the accrual account (there should only be trans with a source code of AC).  I also ran a query on APDISTRIB and found some trans that for some reason have not posted to GL (would not be in GL90).  Well I am still off and I am trying to see if others have experience this and can let me know what else I can look for.

Thanks in advance..Freddy

TracyO
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
      Freddy
      All my AP people are gone, but I do know that when we upgrade to 8.1 ( I think that is the first release witht the AP136) that they had balancing issues. What they had to do is run the AP136 two or three times to get the correct amounts. They never did figure out why it does not report correctly on the first and sometimes second run. I am pretty sure they are still doing this to get it to balance. What release are you on.
      Louise Kelman
        Try looking to see if you have any of the following:

1. Invoices that are released and out of balance.
        2. Payments that are unreleased
        3. GL journals that should have reversed but were incorrectly posted as non-reversing (and vice versa)

Did you run an AP170, AP175, and GL190 before you tried to reconcile the two?

If you have FX issues, it makes it more fun!
        Freddy Garcia
          Tracy.. thanks for the input.  We are on release 8.1.  Would you be able to share a person who worked through this?  Thanks  Freddy
          TracyO
          Veteran Member
          Veteran Member
            Freddy
            My AP manager is gone this week and I will be gone part of next week. I will try to check with her next week, (may take a little bit longer as almost ready to go live with our upgrade to 9.0 and time is pretty tight for the next couple weeks). I will let you know what I find out from her as soon as I can get to talk to her
            TracyO
            Veteran Member
            Veteran Member
              Freddy
              I did talk to my AP manager and they never did anything to get it to work. They did open a case with Lawson but never did complete it. Lawson had us recomile the AP136 and that worked once or twice but really should have had no impact on the output and did not work every time. We decided not to pursue the issue anymore with Lawson and are just re-running the report if/when it does not balance. AS I stated we are currently upgrading to 9.0 and it seems to be working there, so maybe Lawson did figure out something witht the 8.1 version. Sorry I could not be of more help.
              Tracy
              Brad Schauer
              Veteran Member
              Veteran Member
                Freddy,

You may want to check the version of AP136 you are currently running. CTP 49948 resolves a few issues that might be causing this problem. The CTP would give you AP136PD version 9.2.3.

Check and see if you have an older version, if you do I'd suggest applying this CTP to see if it may help resolve your issue.

Brad
                You are not authorized to post a reply.