AP161 EDI 820 file

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author
Basic Member
Basic Member

Hello!

Does anyone know how to run the AP161payment file so that it results in an EDI 820 format file?  The AP manual seems to indicate that it can be done, however following all instructions we have only been able to produce text files in the $LAWDIR/lawapp9db/Work/AP161ELECTPMT and AP161ELECTRMT directories.  I notice that Lawson has an 'EDI' application that we aren't licensed to.  Do you know if this application is required to transform AP161 result files?

Thanks!

Stephen

Ben Coonfield
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
      The EDI product basically performs two functions. There is a translation engine that translates data from Lawson's internal formats to EDI formats or the reverse which sounds like what you need. And there is a communications component that can transmit or receive EDI data to/from your vendors electronically.
      StephenV
      Basic Member
      Basic Member
        Thanks Ben. This is helpful. Do you know of any other tools that perform the translation? We are looking at an Oct 1 launch for our EDI project. I'm not sure how quickly we could get the EDI translation engine licensed and installed.
        Ben Coonfield
        Veteran Member
        Veteran Member
          I don't know of any other tools that I could recommend. There are others that might work but I'm not that familiar with them and this is the one Lawson supports. It might be possible to write your own special purpose script/program to do this particular file but I've never tried so I'm not sure how difficult that would be.
          You are not authorized to post a reply.