IC527 - interface

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
    We are having such as difficult understanding understanding the IC527 interface program. Our users think the item cost is incorrect for certain items so they want me to customize the program.

According to Lawson, The LAST-REC-COST on the ITEMLOC file is updated upon Match and is what the Lawson System will use for Last Cost defaulting for N items. Does “Match” mean match between item receipt and invoice or does Match mean match between PO and PO receipt? Essentially, my users want the cost change to be recognized at PO receipt (not when PO is released or when PO receipt is matched to invoice) and the LAST-REC-COST updated at PO receipt . Is this even possible without customizing the program?
    JonA
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
      LAST-REC-COST is updated when the invoice is matched (invoice to receipt). Probably 98% of the time LAST-REC-COST in ITEMLOC will be the same as the cost on the PO receipt. I can see it being different if the item is on contract and there's a contract change since the time the last and invoice was matched or there's a price change on a vendor confirmation and the vendor consistently delays invoicing. Does this happen enough to warrant a custom IC527? I wouldn't think so.
      Jon Athey - Sr. Supply Chain Analyst - Materials Management - MyMichigan Health
      Kat V
      Veteran Member
      Veteran Member
        Basically IC12 Drill Around is what shows on IC527. If that is what your users want, tell them not to get to wrapped up in what Lawson says. Just run tests. I despise this report.

PO unit cost = $4.
        PO is received. Last Received Cost = $4. This is what IC527 sends.

Invoice comes in for $5. MA66 (the buyer message) is cleared with D (Adjust) - IC130 will post a cost adjustment and last received cost is now $5 and sent on the next IC527. That is what Lawson means when they say the match will update received cost. Not that it waits for the invoice. But that it will adjust with the invoice.

Run tests to prove it. Don't mess with the code.
        JonA
        Veteran Member
        Veteran Member
          Actually Kat I tested it on Friday before I posted to be sure. I added a new item in IC12, LAST-REC-COST was 0 at that time, of course. I created a PO for the item at that location with cost of $10 and received it; LAST-REC-COST remained at 0. I entered an invoice and matched the line at $10; LAST-REC-COST was updated to $10.
          Jon Athey - Sr. Supply Chain Analyst - Materials Management - MyMichigan Health
          Kat V
          Veteran Member
          Veteran Member
            I just had a headache inducing talk to inventory. Apparently when adding a new item to inventory, they will change the po to drop ship and use IC20 to bring it in with a cost. "But it doesn't always work out right, but it will send things to them." (Them = Epic)

I'll just be over here... explaining that we haven't used IC527 in years. Please stop that.

But yes, apparently that was also occurring to us. IC20 may or may not be a work around if you need to populate the field prior to invoice.
            Chesca
            Veteran Member
            Veteran Member
              Ok, thank you so much for your input!
              You are not authorized to post a reply.