Invoice Dist Out of Balance Error AP520

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
    I'll begin by saying I know virtually NOTHING about AP, except it really isn't (or shouldn't be) a convoluted process....

We're in the final stages of upgrading from v8.1 apps to 9.0.1 and we're having a problem with AP520 for one particular deduction. It's a simple % of pay, however, in the new app, this is the only deduction that we receive the above error - distribution out of balance - and we then can't create an AP check. There is no error on the 197, no errors on the 198, and the amount on the 198 matches the PR140 for the test. I have NO idea where else to look -

If you can shed light on this for me, I'll be eternally greatful, will name my first born after you etc. etc.

Thanks - Stephanie
    LauraSantos
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
      Did you check the AP52? There is a Distribution button (AP52.3) that might show you where the conflict is.

-Laura
      stephanie
      Veteran Member
      Veteran Member
        Thank you Laura - now comes the pest part of me - all it says there is errors exist, the invoice is open, and when I go to AP52.6, it says error "I". Any idea what that is?
        LauraSantos
        Basic Member
        Basic Member
          I've never looked at AP52.6 before. I think AP52.6 just helps you find which invoices are in error. Corrections would still need to be done on AP52. If its a "Distribution out of balance" error, I would check to make sure the account distribution in AP52.3 total to the total invoice amount on AP52.1. After you correct the issue, I think rerunning the AP520 with the parameter "Include Invoices in Error" set to Yes will allow it to process. Or I think you can release the invoice in AP52.1 by selecting "Release" from the special actions drop down menu, which will clear the "Errors Exist" message and allow the AP520 to complete.
          stephanie
          Veteran Member
          Veteran Member
            Thanks so much - I'll try this!
            You are not authorized to post a reply.