PO230 Error

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author
Basic Member
Basic Member
    Each month before month end we run a few jobs to make sure month end goes smoothly. One of those reports is a PO230 report (Unreleased Receiving List). This month we have 5 PO's show up. From the notes that I can find the way to clear them is by going into PO30 and "release and print" however when I do that it tells me that "receiver has no line; cannot release".

I have no idea what needs to happen for these items to get cleared before month end. Any insight would be great!
    Stephanie
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
      Were the remaining quantities on the PO canceled? In this instance there was nothing left to receive so the PO30 should be deleted.
      Stephanie Kowal | skowal@rpic.com
      MChism
      Basic Member
      Basic Member
        It was right in front of my eyes. That has worked; thank you so much Stephanie!!!!
        JonA
        Veteran Member
        Veteran Member
          I see this every end of month. Most instances the receiving clerk gets some error when they try to add the receiver and instead of adding a line to that one, they create a new receiver and neglect to delete the first one. Part of my end of month process is reminding the buyers to run PO230 for their buyer code that day so they work with receiving to clear up their receiving messages and no-line receivers.
          Jon Athey - Sr. Supply Chain Analyst - Materials Management - MyMichigan Health
          Kat V
          Veteran Member
          Veteran Member
            You're nicer than we are. We run the PO230 and IC222 at close, use uploads to delete and send the reports out as a "So this is what you didn't do, so now you have to redo" kind of thing.

As we're on the topic, our PO199 is set to allow unreleased receipts. No one can tell me why. Is anyone else allowing them?

JonA
            Veteran Member
            Veteran Member
              We do not allow unreleased receipts. That's the reason for running PO230 at end of month so we get those cleaned up before I run PO199. I also make sure there are no unreleased receiving adjustments. I'm not sure what the risk is. I think if you try to release after the close Lawson will give you an error saying the posting date is prior to last closing date. Would have to test to be sure.
              Jon Athey - Sr. Supply Chain Analyst - Materials Management - MyMichigan Health
              You are not authorized to post a reply.