RW100 logon failure

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author
    We are receiving a logon failure: unknown user name or bad password when running RW100 - we are running 9.0.1. Anyone else running into this?
    Deron
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
      Can you provide some context? Are you running RW100 from the form, or are you submitting it via wtsubmit in Unix, or something different?
      ABG
        I'm sorry I am just assisting with this issue and I am not a lawson user. Our users login to the Lawson portal - there is a financial report they created via the RW100 and they are trying to automatically send the report to a printer. The printer is similar to a virtual printer that sits on our report distribution software called report safe. Any other report outside of the RW100 can be sent to this printer without any issues so we know it is not on the report safe side. If the accountants send the RW100 to their print manager first and then send it from their print manager to the report safe printer, it works just fine. The problem is that there are hundreds of reports and that manual process takes hours.

So when they automatically send this RW100 report to the printer, they receive an Auto-print: run-as-user failed. Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.

At first we thought it was a network issue so we had them login to lawson with a user that is a domain admin and this still occurs.

We were able to run this fine before we upgraded.

Thanks so much for the reply - I appreciate it.

Greg Moeller
        Veteran Member
        Veteran Member
          Do you have Websphere running as a domain account or local system acct. You may have to run the websphere process (at least the one in charge of server1) as a domain acct.
          I know we have to do this with LBI to get things accessible.
          ABG
            Thank you. I did mention about websphere to our Lawson person but he said he already had them try to do it through the lawson desktop environment and it fails there also. He mentioned that Lawson is telling him that we aren't using RW100 like we are supposed to, but, the option is there for us to send the report directly to a printer so I would think it should work. They told us that we need to send it to our print manager first and then send the report from there. It doesn't make sense - the feature is there - it should work. thanks for the help.
            You are not authorized to post a reply.