2014 Payroll Year End PR299

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
    We applied the 2014 Payroll Year End initial download.  I compared the EFW2512 file I created before the bulletin was applied to the EFW2512 file created after it was applied.  The RE company header records are all missing the notification email address (starts in position 279). Infor says that they cannot duplicate the issue, although I am on the current PR299PD version.  Has anyone else noticed this issue?
    Jill morgan
      We just ran the PR299 and receive the notice that Employee address1 or address2 was truncated on EFW2 file. Did you get that message as well?
      stephanie
      Veteran Member
      Veteran Member
        The truncation is standard - IRS limits to less than 30 characters - no worries about that message. We'll be applying our YE patches next week - will let you know if we have problems with PR299. Happy New Year all!!
        BonBon
        Advanced Member
        Advanced Member

I had that also; I found this on Infor about it: Year End Articles for PR299.pdf

When I run EFW2 File Creation (PR299)I get the following error, Employee address1 or address2 was truncated onEFW2 file. What problem will this cause for my filing of the EFW2? How can I resolve this issue?

Resolution:

PR299 error: "Employee address1 or address2 was truncated on EFW2 file."
          Article ID:5419171
          Description:
          When I run EFW2 File Creation (PR299) I get the following error, "Employee address1 or address2 was truncated on EFW2 file." What problem will this cause for my filing of the EFW2? How can I resolve this issue?
          Resolution:
          EFW2 allows for only 22 characters for address line 1 and 2, however Lawson allows for 32 characters. If the field data is more than that you will get this edit. This will not cause a problem when submitting the EFW2 file through ACCUWAGE. You can split an employee's lengthy address on HR11 between address line 1 and address line 2.
          Additional Information:
          Keywords:
          PR299 Address Line 1 Address Line 2 truncated Employee address1 or address2 was truncated on EFW2 file Payroll Year End PRYE20xx
          Jill morgan
            Thank you for the quick response!
            BarbR
            Veteran Member
            Veteran Member
              So, back to the original question - to those that have tested the PR299 after the payroll YE update - are you also missing the notification email address on the RE records?
              JimY
              Veteran Member
              Veteran Member
                I don't see it in column 279 of the RE record, but I do see an email address in column 446 of the RA record.  Also, when I run the file through Accuwage I get an error on the delivery address.  It says it is not valid, but there are spaces in the columns that it is specifying - 296 through 317 of the RA and RE records.
                BarbR
                Veteran Member
                Veteran Member
                  RA record positions 296-317 is a change this year, it is a Required field to contain Delivery Address.
                  My file is also blank, I had missed that.
                  RE record positions 279-318 are supposed to contain the Employer Contact Email/Internet.
                  It did contain it before the initial year end download patch, but does not contain it afterwards.
                  Did you report this to Infor?
                  They have told me that they are unable to duplicate this issue - but I do not believe they really ran the test. My Incident has not had any attention since before Christmas.
                  BonBon
                  Advanced Member
                  Advanced Member
                    I had the same problem when I ran my PR299 file thru AccuWage.  But once I populated the Notify tab on my PR299; the error disappeared.  And be sure and populate BOTH address lines in the Notify tab because 1 is the location address and 1 is the delivery address.
                    BarbR
                    Veteran Member
                    Veteran Member
                      In case it helps others, I have discovered that the HR00, Options tab, Regulatory Address Format field defines how the PR299 Submitter and Notify addresses are treated. If you leave the default option '1', then Address-1 is the Delivery address and Address-2 is the Location address. If you use option '2', then Address-1 is the Location address and Address-2 is the Delivery address. The SSA EFW2512 file specs expect the Location Address to be the ATTN:, Room, Mail-stop, etc. and the Delivery Address to be the Street address or PO box on the RA, RE, RW, and RS records. Since the HR00 option also defines how the address lines on HR00, HR01, and HR11 are used - and since our HR11 employee address line 1 is the Street address - we had to change the HR00 option to '2'.
                      BarbR
                      Veteran Member
                      Veteran Member
                        Oops, I wrote the HR00 option backwards.
                        Option 1 (Default) = Address Line 1 is Location address, Address Line 2 is Delivery address
                        Option 2 = Address Line 2 is Location address, Address Line 1 is Delivery address
                        You are not authorized to post a reply.