Blanking HR11 fields on an HR511

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author
Basic Member
Basic Member
    How do you blank the HR 11 termination date field using an HR511?  I have an employee who is termed in one facility, but is employed at a facility that was acquired effective 1/1.  I was able to change the job information and update the Date Hired, but the term date is still populated.  Thanks.
    BarbR
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
      I'm not sure why you'd use HR511 instead of HR11 or PA52, but have you tried the usual way to clear a value *BLANK?
      MARIA O.
      Basic Member
      Basic Member
        Would the field literally be populated with *BLANK?  I will try that.   I had a file of almost 2000 records to add and a portion came back with SSN already present on the file.   I'm used to using a personnel action, but  I've been asked to modify the HR511 with the emp number already in use, blank fields as needed and use a change action instead of an add action.  Thanks for your assistance.  
        BarbR
        Veteran Member
        Veteran Member
          Yes, exactly that, *BLANK.
          Kelly H
          Veteran Member
          Veteran Member
            Maria - we use an action that we created called "Rehire" to identify those employees. When we move newer entities into our HR system, we often have rehires and we enter those manually through the PA52 and not on the HR511. And our newer entities often involve 700-2000 employees. And we generally have about 30-50 rehires.

One of the fields on that action is the term date and Barb is correct - we use *blank to blank it out. the term date field will then have no data in it on the HR11.
            M.J.
            Veteran Member
            Veteran Member
              When we had to do a similar thing for a big mass import using HR511 it depended on the field. For Term date we had to use 99/99/9999. For blanking job code schedule we had to use ********* (9 astericks) and for grade we used ***.
              jaherb
              Veteran Member
              Veteran Member
                Maria... on your EMPLOADCSV file try setting your term date values to all nines (99999999) for those your wish to zero out
                MARIA O.
                Basic Member
                Basic Member
                  Many thanks for all the recommendations!  The term date of 99/99/9999 on the HR511 was the one that finally worked for me after I updated the that (pem??) pos effective date field.  At this point we just needed to get them loaded, but we will look into doing a rehire action via the PA52 for subsequent mergers. 
                  You are not authorized to post a reply.