Enhancement Request Vote Solicitation PRDISTRIB file PR197

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

I'd like to solicit votes for an enhancement request I just entered.  Thanks for your help in making the software better.

You need to log into Infor Communities

http://www.inforcommuniti....php?mo=is&op=su
    Select Enhancement Requests, Infor Human Capital Management, View Request and find #30888, open it and scroll to the bottom and enter your vote.

Here is the issue

We would like the PR197 to, at least, use period end date as one of the levels for summing
    transactions in the PRDISTRIB file in addition to the levels that exist today. The PRDISTRIB file is
    very important to our organization because of the many payroll distributions we have on the PR23.
    We would like the information to be as accurate as possible without creating additional work for our
    staff members.

We recently discovered that if you pay someone a retro amount using a paycode that
    also exists in the current pay period on the same payment, the PR197 will record the transacation
    with the earlier period end date.We do not wish to create multiple payments nor do we want to create
    many retro pay codes to mirror existing ones.

I am going to upload a file showing an example of how the data is currently stored.

Attachments
    Mary Porter
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
      Voted - in the same vein, have you ever seen a request to utilize the PERIOD_NBR and PAYROLL_YEAR fields on PAYMASTR?
      Margie Gyurisin
      Veteran Member
      Veteran Member
        Thanks.

I usually get pay year by linking to another file. That sounds like a good idea. I am not sure about the period number on the pay check for a number of reasons. We don't store that anywhere in HCM today and if the "year" were to change, we would need to "fix" that. I have heard the GL folks say when they implemented that the consultant stressed that point. Also, for adjustments to time records, the period for the time worked/paid may differ from the check date.
        You are not authorized to post a reply.