ER Vote Request - Error when EE changes RS plan via ESS and load via BN531

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Please vote for Enhancement Request 31168 to address this issue we are having. I opened the ER at the request of the GSC.

If you have an alternate solution, let me know. Thanks.

When an employee elects to change their RS plan in ESS after a life event, we receive errors on the BN531 when attempting to update the record.

Steps to recreate:

Enroll in RS plan for current year.
    Do a life event in ESS where you pend the records and make a change to your RS election.
    Run BS531 to extract records
    Move BNBATCH to work directory
    Run BN531
    review errors.

This is the error we see.

Employee Plan Error Message

5 RS CHMS Cannot change stop date and YTD contribution
    5 RS CHMS Already enrolled for specified time period

Posted less than 1 minute ago
    Mary Porter
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
      Margie - I will vote but I'm wondering how they could program that without creating a different upload just for RS changes - is this the same procedure you follow now?
      Or is there a simpler way to do this?

16. If the employee is changing FSA amounts mid-year:
      a. Navigate to BN32.1
      b. Enter C - Change next to the FSA that you are changing
      c. Delete the information in fields Opt, Sal Annual and PT
      d. Click on Change – the application populates the Opt, Sal Annual and PT fields with year to date information
      e. Enter S – Stop next to the FSA that you are changing
      f. Type in the Stop date in the FSA that you are changing – using the day after the last paycheck that the current FSA deduction was taken from would work fine.
      g. Click on Change
      h. Calculate the remaining annual amount by subtracting the year to date from the new election amount
      i. Determine the number of pay periods left in the year
      j. Click on the Add button next to the FSA that you are changing
      k. Enter the start date which is the day after the stop date that you entered in step f.
      l. Enter the amount calculated in step h. in the Salary or Annual field and the Pretax field
      m. Enter the number of pay periods left in the year in the Option field
      n. Click on OK
      o. Verify that the proper pay period amount has been calculated in the Cov, Pay Prd field
      Margie Gyurisin
      Veteran Member
      Veteran Member
        Yes to the above steps.

I am thinking they could modify and simplify the process needed above. In the pended benefit record created by ESS, there is a C record and an A record. Perhaps the two step change/stop manual action could be simplified into a one step process.
        You are not authorized to post a reply.