Error 163- Illegal character in numeric field in BN531

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author
    We are trying to run in a BN531 for some DC plans and we are getting an 163- Illegal character in numeric field error and I am not sure what it needs.

33844     IF (BNWS-COMP-MATCH = "B")
     33845         MOVE BEN-CMP-AFT-SEQ        TO DB-SEQ-NBR
     33846         IF (BNWS-PCT-AMT-FLAG = "P")
     33847             MOVE PLN-AFT-DED-MTCH-P   TO DB-DED-CODE
     33848         ELSE
     33849             MOVE PLN-AFT-DED-MTCH-A TO DB-DED-CODE.

It keeps erroring out on the second record of the input file no matter what the plan is.  One plan is pretax, no match.  One plan is pretax with a match.  One plan is both pre and aftertax with a match.  We've seen it error out on all 3 plans so it leads me to believe that it is not plan setup. 

We ran the BN531 a few months ago using these plans and it worked and now we are trying it with a different file (same layout) and it is not working.

Has anyone had this experience?

Donna Wirt
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
      I've seen this error in other programs but not this one.

It means one of the fields in the IF statement has an invalid value.  It may be a space.  Can you run the program in the Lawson animator and look at the HEX values in these fields?  You will probably see a '20' somewhere.
      Donna Wirt
      Basic Member
      Basic Member
        BEN-CMP-AFT-SEQ - this field is the only numeric field in the IF statement.
        Carrie
          BEN-CMP-AFT-SEQ - I do not know what this field is. It's not on the BN531 or the BN32. It must be a field behind the scenes but I am not sure where this field is set and/or viewable.
          Donna Wirt
          Basic Member
          Basic Member
            If you don't have a Lawson programmer or systems analyst or a data base administrator who can help you, I suggest you open an Incident with InforXtreme and let them help. 

This is a behind the scene's field and it sounds like a data issue.

Here is the explanation of that field:
            BEN-CMP-AFT-SEQ      Numeric 4 
            Element: Cmp Aft Seq   Contains the sequence number that ties 
                                                  the benefit deduction to the employee
                                                  deduction master containing the company
                                                  matched after tax deduction.
            Carrie
              Incident has been opened. Was hoping someone else could help while I wait. Thank you for your help.
              jaherb
              Veteran Member
              Veteran Member
                that error message means it is something on your input file. Typically non numeric data where numeric data is suppose to be. Can you cut and past the second record here?
                You are not authorized to post a reply.