Private
Private
Veteran Member
(1275 points)
Veteran Member

Send Message:

--
01/12/2017 9:27 AM

We are going to import new hires from HealthCare Source's Position Manager to Lawson S3. 

Any advice regarding setting the parameters on the HR511?  Lessons learned.  I am particularly interested in which way you set your update history parameter and the Mass Load Processing parameter.

Thanks.

Dave Curtis
    HRIS Lead
    University of Maryland Medical System
    Veteran Member
    (292 points)
    Veteran Member

Send Message:

--
    01/13/2017 1:13 PM
    HR511 items that I have hit in the past.

Date format: I always make sure my HR511 job is set up to process date as CCYYMMDD so that there are no issues with dates not processing due to dropped zero's etc.
    Update History: We always run with yes so that the new hire information is logged to HR history
    Mass Load: Unless you process more than 50 records at a time this setting can be set to No. It provides some enhancement in speed if you are processing a large file because it will process in groups of 50 and does some pre-work for each groups of 50.
    Headers: If you are processing HR511 that may not have ALL of the fields on a standard HR511, you will want to have your headers. This allows you to only pass through the fields you want to processes. If you do not do headers - you must pass at least a place holder for all HR511 fields.

Are you getting your HR511 directly from your ATS or are you getting a data feed that you will be turning into HR511?

Because we process re-hires, transfers, new hires and intra-system transfers through our ATS, we get a data file twice a day and that data file is processed using an IPA program. Each record is evaluated to determine if the person is a new hire, re-hire, transfer etc. and then the data is compared to S3 data and the HR511 is created (for new hires) for transfers, re-hires etc. it will process the PA52 transaction. The process also populates a number of user fields based on the hire information etc. and we do this with the HR515.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.