hr521

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
    good afternoon,

we are in the process of writing interfaces between our outside e-recruiting vendor and lawson.

for new hires from outside the company - it is a fairly straight forward upload via HR511

now we are trying to write one interface for internal transfers and/or rehires. i knew this would be a bit more complicated. this complication is due to the existing history aspects of an existing active employee transferring to an internally posted job or an employee who once worked for the company, quit & has been re-hired to work at the company again.

one of the persons in our 'think tank' said that we could still use hr511 for re-hires and transfers. i strongly disagreed becuse of the history issue.

the vendor was gleaning thru the lawson documentation & asked about hr521.

based on what i have read about hr521, it is a good fit, its purpose is the same as the hr511, except it will take in account that existing information resides in lawson about this transferred /rehired employee - and the information will pass thru more as an pa52 event & not an hr11 one.

is this the correct route to go? i have to read a little more about the file layoutm but am assuming (hate to do that with lawson) that i can pull in the basic required fields lawson needs to setup a 'new' hire.

also if the rehire data info flows via hr521 to pa52, i would have to run pa100 to update the info in the history file? - again another assumption - yes...

thank you all for your feedback....

marco

Shane Jones
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
      Marco,

I think we should talk... I am working on the exact same project and was told different things. We use processflow and have flows that run for hire and rehire actions.... I would love to discuss our issues/concerns/findings.

Shane Jones
      262-619-2955
      Shane Jones
      Tools: HR, Payroll, Benefits, PFI, Smart Office, BSI, Portal and Self-Service
      Systems: Lawson, Open Hire, Kronos, Crystal Reporting, SumTotal Learning
      ** Teach others to fish...
      Shane Jones
      Veteran Member
      Veteran Member
        I am not sure but 521 looks like it converts history and you are looking to update the employee record with new information:

Technical Documentation (HR521)
        Run Employee History Conversion (HR521) to import information from a
        comma-separated value (CSV) file into update personnel action history or
        employee history. The program creates a history of changes to the employee
        without updating the employee's record.

For more information about conversions, see the Human Resources Conversion
        Technical Guide.

Shane Jones
        Tools: HR, Payroll, Benefits, PFI, Smart Office, BSI, Portal and Self-Service
        Systems: Lawson, Open Hire, Kronos, Crystal Reporting, SumTotal Learning
        ** Teach others to fish...
        John Henley
          HR521 only creates history data, i.e. HRHISTORY & PERSACTHST.
          If you want to re-hire an employee, and backfill their data, you'd need to use both HR511 and HR521.
          Thanks for using the LawsonGuru.com forums!
          John
          MARCO3535
          Advanced Member
          Advanced Member
            When I tried to use hr511 in a re-hire situation, Lawson rejected the employee record - stating the record already existed on Lawson. How would I run a re-hire on HR511- without receiving that error? I used an "A" FC initially HR511; would I need to use a "C" FC for a rehire... Thx Marco
            kadkins
            Advanced Member
            Advanced Member
              Did anyone reach a resolution on this? We are in the process of looking into the HR521 to handle rehires.
              You are not authorized to post a reply.