Issue With PA513 To Update Secondary Positions

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author
Basic Member
Basic Member
    We are currently in the process of changing all of our current departments and cost centers to new numbers. We have been able to change all of our employees' primary positions. I am now trying to change information for users with multiple positions with a PA513. I try to perform a change to change the positions,but am receiving the error message "position level does not exist." Do I need to perform the PA513 in multiple steps-- the first being to end the current position and the second being to add the new one, or does anyone have any advice on how I can change the multiple positions for these employees?

Thanks for your help.
    bzuber
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
      If you made the changes to PA02 why aren't you using PA102? If these are new positions, use HR511, there is a column where you state what positon level to use.
      bkauffman
      Basic Member
      Basic Member
        We have added new positions. I was able to change employees primary positions. I now have these 100 plus employees who have multiple positions. I need to link the employee to the new positions. Can this be done with the HR511? Is it as simple as creating a data file using the change flag, a position level of 2 or greater and the new position or do I need to put an end date in and end the current alternate position and then add the new one?

Thanks for your help.
        bzuber
        Advanced Member
        Advanced Member
          If they already have more than 1 position and you want to change the postion, I am not sure of the best way to handle it.

There is a pep-end-date field on HR11 so you can end position levels greater than 2 via HR511.
          I assume you then can use HR511 to upload the new positions as HR511 is
          used not PA513 to upload positons. PA513 is used for PA13.2 position history records.
          You are not authorized to post a reply.