PR140 Enhancement Request 31787 and 31294

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

I recently entered an enhancement request aand was told it would need to go to the user group level first. Please vote "10" for this - 31787. Also, I found another that seemed similar to mine - 31294. Please vote for it as well.

I am not sure how this works but it is worth a try.

Thanks for your help.

If an employee has a payment that produces negative taxable wages, please have an error message thrown or at lease a meaningful warning message. If you go with the warning message option, could you make a summary page with totals of individual messages so one that needs attention is noticeable. The PR for our largest PL produces over 50 pages of warnings. Most of them can be ignored. When the negative taxable wage payment occurred - the message "verify taxable wages and ded amt: pretax or exempt deductions processed......." This message occurs for every employee we have who gets GTL pay code and has a DC deduction - sometimes this is 40% of the population being processed. Our PR dept only found this issue because they do a balance check with every PR140 as a reasonableness check. I understand the system was enhanced with JT 57094 to allow the negative taxable wages. I am sure that was important for some customer. Although, I don't know why anyone would want negative taxable wages to occur. I agree with this statement in the case"

You may want to have the section 125 deductions come out on a more standard payment which would not generate the negative taxables." It is true but finding the offending payment is like looking for a needle in a haystack.

You are not authorized to post a reply.