PR295

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author
    Every month I go into PR295, select the job name, adjust the dates for the new month, and then submit the job.  I have to do this several times for many different jobs.  Is there anyway I can modify the dates for every job at the same time and then submit them all at once?
    Margie Gyurisin
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
      If I understand you correctly, then yes.

If you access Lawson via portal, you can create a multi step job definition with all the jobs in it, change dates and submit the entire job.

If you have LID access, you can do the same thing through jobdef.

Those are the simple things I can do.  Maybe your IT dept could do something else.

I hope this helps.
      Mary Porter
      Veteran Member
      Veteran Member
        Margie - do you know of any way to save off the pdfs of jobs automatically without process flow? 
        John Henley
          You can set up specific tokens to generate PDF as output by default when the job is run. Then you can set up a multiple-step job and use a script as second step to copy off the PDFs. Is that what you want to do?
          Thanks for using the LawsonGuru.com forums!
          John
          Mary Porter
          Veteran Member
          Veteran Member
            I don't want to hi-jack Steve's ticket - but that's what I want to do. We set up a multi-step job to do all of the benefits pre-payroll processing,
            and instead of opening each report in PDF in the print manager and then saving each report into the payroll folder for that pay period, we would like
            to save all of the pdf's into the payroll folder after the multi-step finishes.
            Steve
              Sorry I am new to Lawson.  Can you provide more detail on how to set it up?  I am using portal and in the multi-step job definition screen.  Maybe I am missing something obvious but I cant seem to populate multiple lines.  Whenever I inquire it erases any lines I've added.  Also, I do not see how I can change the dates for all of them.  When I click submit it only gives me the option to enter a start date.  Wouldn't I have to go into each parameter and change each range of dates?
              Margie Gyurisin
              Veteran Member
              Veteran Member
                Yes. You would need to still change the dates on each job in the step. Intellias may have an add-on product for that. I am not sure. I know they have one to automate dates on PR jobs for processing. I digress just a bit.

When you are in the multi step job def screen, you can hit the button add step and then add additional steps.
                Steve
                  Thanks, I will look into the Intellias solution.  Do does anyone know any other way I can set this up so I do not have the change the dates on each parameter?  My goal is to submit these jobs each month by only change the range of dates one time.  I have over 100 of them so it would be pretty annoying to have to edit over 100 dates.
                  Greg Moeller
                  Veteran Member
                  Veteran Member
                    I believe this can be done with ProcessFlow or Infor Process Automation... we are going to start down that path in the next 6 months or so.
                    John Henley
                      Posted By Mary Porter on 03/17/2014 08:10 PM
                      I don't want to hi-jack Steve's ticket - but that's what I want to do. We set up a multi-step job to do all of the benefits pre-payroll processing,
                      and instead of opening each report in PDF in the print manager and then saving each report into the payroll folder for that pay period, we would like
                      to save all of the pdf's into the payroll folder after the multi-step finishes.

Mary, start a new thread for this (how to post-process using a multi-step job) so it doesn't get lost in here :)
                      Thanks for using the LawsonGuru.com forums!
                      John
                      You are not authorized to post a reply.