Querying Excel add-ins for PR197 data

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author
Basic Member
Basic Member
    Can someone point me to the Excel add-in that gives the PR197 data, such as Employee, Accounting Unit, Account, Amount etc.?

Thanks,
    Chris 
    Margie Gyurisin
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
      I want to say you could start with PRDISTRIB. You can look at technical text and find all the files updated/referenced by forms on the Extreme site.

If you still have LID access, you can use the dburf command for the information.

Have you tried PR295 for information?
      Georgette
      Veteran Member
      Veteran Member
        Hi Chris,

If the Excel Add-in is installed, you will see an Add-Ins tab at the top when you open the Excel program.  Click on the tab, then click on Lawson to see the drop down box for Query Wizard.

The Excel add-in is used to write your own queries directly from the tables(files) that the data resides in. 

If you highlight the field on the PR197 form, press the Ctrl key, the Shift key and the letter O simultaneously it will reveal the table name and field name, however the table name is abbreviated.

You will need to have a fundamental understanding of database tables and their relationships in order to use this tool.

See the attached.

Hope this helps.
        Georgette
        Attachments
        Margie Gyurisin
        Veteran Member
        Veteran Member
          I don't think Ctr, Shift, O works on report forms.

It does work on most transactional screens.
          Georgette
          Veteran Member
          Veteran Member
            Thanks Margie, you are correct.

Chris, I was assuming by the wording of your question that you are new to Add-Ins. If you are already familiar, please pardon my assumption.
            clb393
            Basic Member
            Basic Member
              Thanks Margie and Georgette, i appreciate your help!
              You are not authorized to post a reply.