why is PA102 adding a BN35 record?

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
    I'm trying to understand why PA02/PA102 is adding a BN35 record. I don't see anywhere that I can tell PA102 not to update benefits.
    We have the default for "Update Benefits" set to N on the action that we are using on the PA102. Is there anywhere else that this is set? 
    I don't see anything on PA06 or HR10.2. Does anyone know why this is happening?
    stephanie
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
      Are your positions in any group tied to your benefit plan?
      Mary Porter
      Veteran Member
      Veteran Member
        The positions themselves aren't part of any employee groups - the position is on the employee record, and the employee is in a group that is tied to a benefit plan.
        We have the Schedule and Grade defaulted onto the position. When we change the Schedule and Grade on the position and then run PA102 it creates a salary
        change for the employee. BN102 picks up the salary change and updates the salary based benefits. But a BN35 record is getting created and it's hanging out there.
        stephanie
        Veteran Member
        Veteran Member
          Are you not running PA100 after you run the PA102? I always understood the process to be if you change PA02, you then run PA102, then run PA100, then use PA03 to resolve any lingering issues. The running of the PA100 would pick up the records created on BN35.
          Mary Porter
          Veteran Member
          Veteran Member
            We usually don't run PA100 after PA102 because it looks like the actions go on the employee record and everything is updated so there is nothing
            for PA100 to pickup. I thought that only BN100 picked up BN35 records, but if PA100 will pick them up if it's run after a PA102 then I'll give it a try.
            I thought PA100 only picked up pending personnel actions. Still learning. Thanks!
            You are not authorized to post a reply.