Updates 901 MSP 6 & 7 & ESP 8 & 9 windows

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
    Considering updating our windows 901 system to add msp 6 & 7 and esp 8 & 9. We have HR/Payroll/Benefits & EMSS + PFI and financials (ap/gl). We are still on laua.

1) Any issues experienced?
    2) Downfall of not adding these in this year?
    3) Looks like the PR160 ACH file is changed, any problems presented with that?

Thanks for any and all assisance!

Greg Moeller
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
      You'll want to search this site... I remember something being said about the print file treatment with ESP 8. If I remember correctly, it deletes the whole directory instead of just replacing files. This will present a big problem for us, as we have lots of scripts that rename print files- keeping them in the print directory for archive.

PR160 changes is/are referenced in a recent post on the HR category here also.
      beverly godwin
      Veteran Member
      Veteran Member
        Thanks a bunch..I actually screenprinted earlier your post on the ESP8 print file issue. Thanks for posting!
        Jimmy Chiu
        Veteran Member
        Veteran Member
          We went live with 9.0.1.ESP9 and 9.0.1.MSP7, needed a patch for PR260 and PA52 after the upgrade, that's about it so far.

As of the ACH issue, I always train our payroll manager to add "160-" as a new job for each payroll PR160 run, so i don't think i will experience the overwrite effect.

The tape file goes thru a custom conversion program before it's sent to the bank. Our bank accepted it without any issue. I am hoping to have MHC document express to handle that part soon once the budget is approved. One less custom program for me to maintain.
          You are not authorized to post a reply.