PrevPrev Go to previous topic
NextNext Go to next topic
Last Post 09/29/2015 9:04 AM by  Demichener
4GL Report missing Company Name
 5 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Demichener
Private
Private
Veteran Member
(119 points)
Veteran Member
Posts:51


Send Message:

--
08/11/2015 3:38 PM
    I have a custom 4GL program that has been migrated over into a new version 10 environment.  When performing a parallel comparison, the new 10 version is not listing the Company Name in the job submission parameters section.  I've tried running a new rptgen; but that hasn't helped. Any suggestions would be appreciated......
    Ragu Raghavan
    Private
    Private
    Veteran Member
    (893 points)
    Veteran Member
    Posts:311


    Send Message:

    --
    08/11/2015 5:48 PM
    Rules in the .sr file control how some of the screen fields work. Maybe you had a custom rule that did not get moved ?
    Demichener
    Private
    Private
    Veteran Member
    (119 points)
    Veteran Member
    Posts:51


    Send Message:

    --
    08/12/2015 12:23 PM
    Thanks for your pointer.  I verified the .sr files and they look compatable. My issue is quite strange - it is only affecting a few of our custom 4GLs, not all of them.  I tried a recompile. Tried a rptgen and even a scrgen. I even went so far as to migrate the version back into the system.  So far nothing has helped.  I guess I should have stated that last point earlier in my description - it is a migrated custom from a different product line - not newly built within the product line. It's so weird, the company name does show up in the report heading of the same program; just not in the job submission parameters page (first page in our reports).  I had to open a call with GSC.
    Greg Moeller
    Private
    Private
    Veteran Member
    (3915 points)
    Veteran Member
    Posts:1391


    Send Message:

    --
    08/12/2015 12:30 PM
    Have you made sure that all of the int files are gone, so they get regenerated? And then a lstinvk -q

    rm $LAWDIR/prodline/int/*
    rm $LAWDIR/prodline/*src/int/*
    lstinvk -q prodline cutstom-pgm-name
    then
    qcompile prodline custom-pgm-name
    Jeff Wardzala
    Consultant
    Self Employed
    Basic Member
    (27 points)
    Basic Member
    Posts:9


    Send Message:

    --
    09/25/2015 9:25 AM
    Are you saying the job submission parameters are not in the generated .prt file or are they also missing from the submit form itself (.scr file). Have you done an scrgen to create an SD file to see if it appears there?
    Demichener
    Private
    Private
    Veteran Member
    (119 points)
    Veteran Member
    Posts:51


    Send Message:

    --
    09/29/2015 9:04 AM
    Thanks Greg for your suggestions. I looked through all the intermediate libraries and everything looked fine. I then started back tracking in the system - I hate it when it only happens in one product line and the others are fine. I checked the Key Number definitions, and System Key Numbers; they looked fine too. It just felt off because some of the systemcode programs worked, while others didn't (customs and even a delivered PA340). Then I decided to recompile the form and object rules, just in case something quirky happened. Maybe something went astray between the application upgrades and the loading of the custom programs. It's now working! Thanks for the responses.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.