Deprecated 515-UPDATE-DATE-TIME api

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author
Basic Member
Basic Member
    Lawson has deprecated a number of date/time apis.  This was done atleast in version 9 and is also listed in the 10 manual.  There is no replacement for a number of the apis.  The one I am interested in is 515-UPDATE-DATE-TIME.  This gives the current date/time.  Does anyone know of the replacement that is recommended?
    jaherb
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
      We are currently on 9.0.1 and this routine is still available. Have you tried coding and compiling your program. Sometimes Lawson will remove an API from the manual but it is still there to use. I don't know if this is from just missing it or what.
      Russell E
      Basic Member
      Basic Member
        I know that the deprecated APIs are still available, but they are recommending to discontinue the use of them, but the question is what is being recommended to replace them.  Only a couple of the deprecated APIs have recommended replacements.  I am looking in particular at 515-UPDATE-DATE-TIME since that is currently the only way I know to get the current system date/time while the program is running.
        jaherb
        Veteran Member
        Veteran Member
          I seriously doubt API's like this will ever go away. They are embedded automatically in your program when you generate code. I know of others that are no longer documented but work fine. I am confident that these will be around as long as 4GL is. If they do stop working all you need to do is a bldsh on a Lawson program to see what they may switch to... but don't think you will need to worry about it...
          You are not authorized to post a reply.