How do you include errors1 in rpt distrib for GL165

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author
Basic Member
Basic Member

GL165 creates several files in the print manager directory. One of these files is errors1 which is actually created by program IFTR. I have a job that runs GL165 which has a report distribution associated with it. All the files created by GL165 are distributed to the users defined in the report distribution however errors1 is not. I assume this has something to do with the fact that IFTR creates this file not GL165.

I can't modify GL165 since we're in a hosted environment. I don't want to create a clone of GL165 and modify that. User exits are not a possibility since they are for online programs. I thought of writing a script and include it as a step following GL165 BUT the rub with this approach is I don't know how to get the jobname since each execution has a unique jobname.

How can I get the errors1 file distributed to the users defined in the report distribution for GL165?  We're on version 8.0.3

k-rock
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
      couldn't your script read the jobname of GL165 and pass it along?
      Paul Gallucci
      Basic Member
      Basic Member
        I don't know how to do that.
        Ragu Raghavan
        Veteran Member
        Veteran Member
          You could potentially create a 4GL code and use the CALL "system" syntax to
          1. copy the error1 file to the users folders
          2. run loadrpts

in the 4GL code you do have access to the variables:
          CRT-JOB-NAME
          CRT-JOB-USER
          CRT-STEP-NBR etc.

Have the custom code follow GL165 in a multi-step job.

murali.lawson
            I have some problems with the customized copy of GL165. I can not see my report once the error1 (IFTR.1) repoert is getting printed. I have obseved that if the 2500-EDIT-TRANSREL is performed, then the custom report can not be printed as the RPT-NBR-LINES parameter gets set to 0 in the print routine. Please let me know how to solve this issue. I want to print a report for a total after i perform the standard library 2500-EDIT-TRANSREL (error1 - report).
            You are not authorized to post a reply.