PR198 Custom Program

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author
Basic Member
Basic Member
    I duplicated the PR198 into our custom system code and made a change to the program on what comments to send to AP.  When we run my new program it goes into recovery with 'Program Report is Not Opened Process ID 4612' after the Phase 3: Creating General Ledger (GL) Posting Report message.  I cannot find anything on the Lawson site or in the job log to help me with this error.
    John Henley
      Dawn, how did you duplicate the program? Assuming you copied via pgmdef, it changes all instances of PR198 in the code/PD file to whatever the name is you copied it to.
      You might need to search the PD look for "XX198" (i.e. whatever you cloned it to wrapped in quotes), and change back to "PR198". Some of the downstream/invoked programs may be looking for "PR198".
      Thanks for using the LawsonGuru.com forums!
      John
      Dawn
      Basic Member
      Basic Member
        Thank you John - I will look in the PD for something that changed to our system code (xx198) and change it back to PR198. 
        Ragu Raghavan
        Veteran Member
        Veteran Member
          Check the restart logic:
          the APINTER file is opened in PHASE-1 but written to in PHASE-3/PHASE-4. The error messages "'Program Report is Not Opened " seems to indicate that PHASE-1 was skipped.
          The logic is probably getting the wrong restart info from CKPOINT.

043400 GO TO 100-PHASE-1
          043500 100-PHASE-2
          043600 100-PHASE-3
          043600 100-PHASE-4
          043700 100-PHASE-5 DEPENDING ON WS-RS-PHASE-COUNTER.
          Dawn
          Basic Member
          Basic Member
            When I changed the PD item back to PR198 for PR198GT71 and R198AX@1">PR198AX@1 the compile failed, as the work files are created under the new program - RS198 and the program is looking for RS198GT71 and RS198AX@1.
            Dawn
            Basic Member
            Basic Member
              My job log indicates that Phase 1 was completed -
              Step  1:  RS198 Started. . . . . .:  Mon Sep 10 22:27:48 2012
              ** Creating .prt and .dtl files
                              Processing PR198 (Payroll Posting)                         
                              Phase 1: Creating General Ledger (GL) data                 
                              Phase 2: Interfacing to General Ledger (GL)                
                              Phase 3: Creating General Ledger (GL) Posting report       
              Program Report Is Not Opened
              Dawn
              Basic Member
              Basic Member
                I searched the RS198.RPGLE for PR198 and found it referenced once -

D DPMNPRRUFL 1        PMN-PR198-RUN-FLG   

Everything else is coded to RS198, files, work files, sorts, etc.  

Dawn
                Basic Member
                Basic Member
                  Ragu - is there something I can look at regarding your post? 

Dawn
                  Basic Member
                  Basic Member
                    Could this be anything associated with the binding director for PR198.  When I compiled my RS198 -mD, the binding directory RS198@BD.COPYILE was created automatically and has the following in it:

APPL70PD

GT70DISK

IFGT70CP

TETE61PD

Ragu Raghavan
                    Veteran Member
                    Veteran Member
                      Dawn,
                      if this was a Unix environment, I would use batchanim to walk thru the code to figure out what is going on. Are you on the I-series ?
                      if so, I am lost.
                      Dawn
                      Basic Member
                      Basic Member
                        Ragu - I received your reply and yes we are iSeries.  Thanks.
                        Dawn
                        Basic Member
                        Basic Member
                          Since I am iSeries - if there isn't any specific item to look at - I can run this through debug and see where I am when it bombs. 
                          Dawn
                          Basic Member
                          Basic Member
                            Just wanted to update this - the rptgen just needed to be run, before the qcompile, then everything worked fine.
                            You are not authorized to post a reply.