PR530 error messages - accounting uni

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
    Has anybody had any of the following errors when running PR530 or would know what library creates these error messages?  Payroll wants to customize the library that creates such error messages,  but I don't know which library?
    Employee    Message
    12345           Accounting unit 12345 does not allow posting
    Ragu Raghavan
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
      Looks like this has to do with the field glnames.posting_flag. This is what I would try
      1. do a bldsh on PR530
      2. do a find on GLN-POSTING-FLAG on the PR530.cbl file
      Chesca
      Veteran Member
      Veteran Member
        Hi Ragu, thanks your prompted response. I did a find on GLN-POSTING-FLAG on the PR530. They are type 'P' for posting.
        We are testing an interface file from api for one process level (one is already live). When running pr530 we are getting an error message "Accounting Unit 12345 does not allow posting". Why does the program create records in the timerecord table for some of the timerecords and not others with the same accounting unit? There were 4 records in the input file to pr530, 3 out of 4 were created.The reg and vac records were created but no the sku (sick used).
        jaherb
        Veteran Member
        Veteran Member
          That particular error message is being generated in the PRTRDPD library.  It is the result of the program trying to validate the GLMaster when it calls paragraph 635-EDIT-GLMASTER-60.   This logic basically invokes another form IFAC.  The 635-EDIT-GLMASTER routine lives in library member EDACPD.  It is quite deep into the logic and I'd be overly cautious in modifying any of this logic.   You can see the error message by doing a msgmnt command and enter your product line with the category of EDAU.
          Chesca
          Veteran Member
          Veteran Member
            hI jaherb, thank you so much for the information, very helpful. Yes, I entered the command and was able to see the error messages using the command provided.

I was a mainframe programmer and supported inhouse developed applications. I was able to use tools such as endevor search to find out libraries, codes, etc.  
            jaherb
            Veteran Member
            Veteran Member
              Not a problem... I too came from mainframes when I first started at Lawson, that was 15 years ago.   Things within Lawson are quite a bit different from the mainframe.  I felt I was learning programming all over again. 

Good luck with your mods.....
              You are not authorized to post a reply.