Retrieving User Name in LA200 program

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
    We had a case a couple of days ago where a user ran a multi-step job that was created by another user.  The form step created a csv file in the directory of the user who created the job.  Then in the LA200 job step the program tried to find the csv file based on the userid of the person who ran the job...the program couldn't find the file and job err'd out.

I thought I could write a program that would retrieve both userids from the fields in E@CONTROL or JOBWS, but when I run the program as an LA200 job step, the userid fields are empty.

How can I get these fields populated...or is there somewhere else I should look for the userid information?

We're an AS/400 shop.

TIA...Chuck
    Steven Gray
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
      From your description, I'm assuming the csv file is generated by a Lawson report. In that case...

The file that contains the absolute printfile path to the csv outfile is gen/USERRPT. On the 400, the user's name in jobnumber/username/jobname should be name found in the lawdir/print/username/jobname path, even when the job was defined with another username. Reports go to the job submitter.

In multi-step jobs, especially those running from LA200, the jobstep number makes absolute paths to out-files somewhat tricky to retrieve. One method is to use the 400 job number to get the Lawson job number from gen/QUEUEDJOB, then go lookup the exact file path in gen/USERRPT. If you kick this off with a LA200 definition, you should be able to get the full path with 2 SQL statements.
      ChuckM
      Advanced Member
      Advanced Member
        Steven, Thanks for taking the time to respond...Yes, the csv file was created by a Lawson report.  However...I'm finding that reports go to the job creator, not to the job submitter.  This is my problem.

If I (SUBMITTER) submit a job that was created by another user (CREATOR), in order to see that job on the Active Jobs tab of the Lawson Job Schedule, I have to set the User Name to CREATOR.  When I look in Lawson's Print Manager, I'll find output under User Name SUBMITTER, but the Job Owner column will show CREATOR.  If I look that job up in QUEUEDJOB, the USERNAME will be CREATOR.  If I look up any output from that job in USERRPT, USERNAME will be SUBMITTER, but PRTFILEPATH will show CREATOR's folder, and JOBUSERNAME will be CREATOR.

So "Reports go to the job submitter" doesn't seem to be the case in my shop.  Is there a setting that can change this?
        You are not authorized to post a reply.