V7R1 OS400 Upgrade

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author
    We have 2 iseries v5r4 running a replication software ( MIMIX ) and lawson version 9.0.1.9

We recently upgraded our backup iseries to v7r1 and the prod is still on v5r4

I understand that we need to do a revert/reload or install version 9.0.1.12 using the v7r1 jar file to get lawson working on our backup iseries v7r1.

Right now , the plan is to do a role swap one night ( backup becomes primary and primary becomes backup ) and install 9.0.1.12 on the primary system running v7r1.

what is the difference between the v5r4 jar file and v7r1 jar file ? what gets updated ? pgm's ? sql collections ?

i am wondering if there is a way that i can get 9.0.1.12 v7r1 version running on our backup iseries and still have 9.0.1.9 v5r4 version on our production and expect lawson to work when we do a role swap.

Just a thought -- looking to minimize lawson downtime
    Mark F. Hardy
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
      Were you told you migration path could go from 9.01.9 to 9.01.12 with the revert?
      I was under the impression you have to go to 9.01.10 first. 

I can email you the techie at Lawson whom we discussed this with.
      Maybe he can give you the answers to this.
      fred.kobos
      Advanced Member
      Advanced Member
        I believe that their would be a difference in the version of the OS database and LDAP.  Make sure the java, perl, bouncy castle are good.  Also Websphere.   IFS is where the source would be stored.  so custom programs would also be affected.  There is a different editor for these programs now  
        Mark F. Hardy
        Veteran Member
        Veteran Member

Fred - do you know the name for the new editor for the IFS code?  Thanks!
          Jeano
          Basic Member
          Basic Member
            Hi;

I am interested to find out how the upgrade 9.0.1.12 went. last spring  We migrated from an Iseries 525 running v5r4 Lawson 9.0.1.11 to  a new Iseries 720 running v7r1.  The procedure was to back up the old server, restore it to the new server, do the object conversion, then upgrade Lawson to 9.0.1.12.   We encountered an issue where the Lawinstall would not run.  Java kept returning a "System property user.name is unknown" message whenever we queried for the session user name.  Just curious if you encountered this issue. We received a work around from IBM in order to continue with the upgrade.  Did you run into this problem?

Jean 

Jean
            You are not authorized to post a reply.