900 to 901 upgrade not promotion

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
    We are on PARISC and going to itanium HP Unix Servers. So we have an old server with 900 and a new server with 901. I'm stuck with the DPP(Data promotion programs). They expect everything on the same server and I can't do that because of the hardware upgrade. How do we run the upgrade tools? Will the 8.1 to 9.0.1 upgrade programs work? Or should I have access to 900 to 901 upgrade tools instead of promotion tools on the Lawson website?
    mark.cook
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
      Are you using the skip upgrade programs? We upgraded around the time the skip upgrades came out. We had already processed multiple runs of the upgrade in test so we did not use the skip upgrade programs. We had a copy of the 8.1 on the new box then upgraded it to 9.00, the 9.01 upgrade should be an in place conversion but it sounds like either you are missing a step or the skip upgrade programs.
      DavidV
      Veteran Member
      Veteran Member
        Thanks Mark.

We're already on 90 MSP 4. So the skip upgrade wouldn't apply. We can't do the upgrade in place because we can't run 900 on the itanium server and we can't run 901 on the PARISC server. So I was hoping they would have something like they had the past with source and target which can be on different servers.
        John Henley
          For going from 900->901 apps, you do all the work on your itanium server. You would copy the 900 product line and data from your current production (risc) server, and create it as a new product line on the itanium server. Then install the DPP programs. Then install 901 apps over top of the 900 apps product line; during the install, it will execute the DPP programs.
          Thanks for using the LawsonGuru.com forums!
          John
          Jeff White
          Veteran Member
          Veteran Member
            David,

When you say that you can't run 9.0.0 on the Itanium, are you talking about the Environment or the Applications? We're on the Itanium (11.23 and 11iv3), and we're running the 9.0.0 Applications, and have been for 2 years. The Environment does have to be 9.0.1 however.

And then you would do like John said, and copy the productline and data over to the new server, and during the upgrade the DPP programs will kick off.

Jeff
            DavidV
            Veteran Member
            Veteran Member
              Thanks Jeff and John.

I have a lot more work to do. I was hoping that wasn't the answer.
              DavidV
              Veteran Member
              Veteran Member
                To clarify.

1-Copy law90 product line from risc server to itanium server
                2-install dpp
                3-Install 901 apps. --Will this have a new product line name such as plaw instead of law90. We'll have two DBs one for law90 product line and one for plaw product line. --OR-- would the 901 apps actually be installed on the law90 product line and update the law90 database in place. Kind of like installing an MSP. I already have 901 apps installed as product line plaw. Will I have to unstall and run steps 1 and 2 and then install 901 again?
                John Henley
                  The latter. One product line

Sent: Sat Jun 05 04:58:28 2010
                  Subject: RE: 900 to 901 upgrade not promotion [00007538:00011933]

[LawsonGuru.com Logo]<https://www.lawsonguru.com/>
                  S3 Systems Administration Forum Notification
                  A message was posted to a thread you are tracking.
                  RE: 900 to 901 upgrade not promotion
                  Posted by: DavidV
                  06/05/2010 07:58 AM
                  To clarify.

1-Copy law90 product line from risc server to itanium server
                  2-install dpp
                  3-Install 901 apps. --Will this have a new product line name such as plaw instead of law90. We'll have two DBs one for law90 product line and one for plaw product line. --OR-- would the 901 apps actually be installed on the law90 product line and update the law90 database in place. Kind of like installing an MSP. I already have 901 apps installed as product line plaw. Will I have to unstall and run steps 1 and 2 and then install 901 again?

To view the complete thread and reply via your browser, please visit:
                  https://www.lawsonguru.co...c/11933/Default.aspx

You were sent this email because you opted to receive email notifications when someone posted and/or responded to a message on this forum.
                  To unsubscribe to this thread please visit your user profile page and change your subscription options.

Thank you,
                  LawsonGuru.com
                  Thanks for using the LawsonGuru.com forums!
                  John
                  DavidV
                  Veteran Member
                  Veteran Member
                    One product line it is. Thanks again.
                    You are not authorized to post a reply.