PrevPrev Go to previous topic
NextNext Go to next topic
Last Post 08/30/2016 9:10 AM by  Brian Allen
adding a condition to a table (dbdef)
 7 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Karen Sheridan
Private
Private
Veteran Member
(325 points)
Veteran Member
Posts:123


Send Message:

--
08/26/2016 1:49 PM

    I have a custom table that has 2 conditions defined.  It's been in production for several years.  I am trying to add a 3rd condition.  While it looks like the condition is there, I get an error (Fatal Error: Invalid condition - condition does not exist) when I try to use it.

    I've attached screen shots where I can select the condition using the query wizard but get the error.

    I looked in the KB but didn't find anything.

    Thanks,

    Karen

    Attachments
    Brian Allen
    Private
    Private
    Veteran Member
    (276 points)
    Veteran Member
    Posts:94


    Send Message:

    --
    08/26/2016 3:02 PM
    Did you run the blddbdict / dbreorg process to implement the change to the database?

    You could also use rngdbdump or database tools to confirm.
    Karen Sheridan
    Private
    Private
    Veteran Member
    (325 points)
    Veteran Member
    Posts:123


    Send Message:

    --
    08/29/2016 7:43 AM
    Brian,

    I have run blddbdict/dbreorg multiple times. I can run a rngdbdump, but it doesn't have a condition option. The condition looks like its there but when I go to use it, it says it's not. You can see that it is there in the screen shot from MS Add-ins query wizard.

    Thanks,
    Karen
    Brian Allen
    Private
    Private
    Veteran Member
    (276 points)
    Veteran Member
    Posts:94


    Send Message:

    --
    08/29/2016 9:41 AM
    I'm not aware of any other requirements to add the condition successfully, but I haven't worked with adding conditions. Maybe someone else can give input.

    The Condition Report may help to tell if it's added or not.

    cndrpt productline [filename]
    List existing rules for conditions in the specified file.
    Karen Sheridan
    Private
    Private
    Veteran Member
    (325 points)
    Veteran Member
    Posts:123


    Send Message:

    --
    08/29/2016 9:53 AM
    Brian,
    Thanks for the info on that report. It shows all 3 conditions; the 2 original ones and the new one. They are all defined the same.
    Thanks,
    Karen
    Karen Sheridan
    Private
    Private
    Veteran Member
    (325 points)
    Veteran Member
    Posts:123


    Send Message:

    --
    08/29/2016 2:54 PM
    I decided to use a work around by adding a new index. It's doing the same thing with the index. The index is in dbdef and in the physical database (Oracle). I can see it in the MS Add-ins query wizard, but when I try to use it, it tells me it's not there.

    I made table changes to several other tables within the last month with no problems. And we have not taken any LSF patches in a long time.

    I have done a verifyora11. Is there any other utility that checks for dictionary issues?

    Thanks,
    Karen
    Karen Sheridan
    Private
    Private
    Veteran Member
    (325 points)
    Veteran Member
    Posts:123


    Send Message:

    --
    08/30/2016 8:48 AM
    I’m not sure why, but an IOS Cache refresh resolved the issue. I would understand it, if I couldn’t see them. But, since I could see them you would have thought I could use them. But, after the IOS Cache refresh, I was able to use both the condition and the index.
    Brian Allen
    Private
    Private
    Veteran Member
    (276 points)
    Veteran Member
    Posts:94


    Send Message:

    --
    08/30/2016 9:10 AM
    I guess it would be similar to updating bookmarks, but the runtime and users can't see the changes until you refresh. That's good to know. Thanks for the update.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.