CSV Issues with LSF 9.0.0.4

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author
    Looking for anyone that is upgrading to LSF 9.0.0.4 and has experienced issues with CSV functionality including: - CSV output is skewed or distorted - CSV opens up empty in Excel - In Print manager, when we do an F8 to send output to CSV, the CSV option is disabled Has anyone encountered these issues on their upgrade? Any resolutions?
    John Henley
      Hi Louise, are you referring to LID or Portal?
      Thanks for using the LawsonGuru.com forums!
      John
      John Henley
        Actually, ignore my previous question regarding LID vs. Portal--I realize now you mean LID since you said "F8"! I'm working with some clients who have upgraded to 9.0.0.4 and haven't had any problems. In fact, I just tried it and it's working OK for me...

But I do remember having this problem in the past when permissions where too tight on the 'rptmap' files, and needing to run permsmaint after an upgrade in order to access the .rmp files.
        John
        Louise Grant
          Reposting with LID vs Portal Identified...

Looking for anyone that is upgrading to LSF 9.0.0.4 and has experienced issues with CSV functionality including:
          - CSV output is skewed or distorted - Portal
          - CSV opens up empty in Excel - Portal
          - In Print manager, when we do an F8 to send output to CSV, the CSV option is disabled - LID
          Has anyone encountered these issues on their upgrade? Any resolutions?
          John Henley
            For the LID issues, look into permission issues with regard to the 'rptmap' files, and needing to run permsmaint after an upgrade in order to access the .rmp files.

Portal / CSV: there are always a lot of issues there. One in particular, is that you need to:

1. In $COBDIR/etc/extfh.cfg, need to add

WRITELINE=OFF

under the section [XFH-DEFAULT].

John
            John Henley
              I also remember working a case a few months ago, where in ESP3 they re-wrote the way Portal figures out the delimiter and text qualifier; as a result I had to make some changes to $LAWDIR/system/rpt.cfg as well as install LSF9 patches for 'bldxffiles'. But I think the WRITELINE=OFF may be the key...
              John
              Ben Coonfield
              Veteran Member
              Veteran Member
                Regarding the CSV option being greyed out in LID, you probably need to make sure all users have both read and write access to the .rmp files in $LAWDIR/$PL/rptmap/default AND $LAWDIR/$PL/rptmap/default/archive. In some prior releases I think read-only was fine, but I found that write access is now required even though the files were not being written. I never found any reason or documentation indicating that WRITE acccess was required, but it didn't work right without it.
                John Henley
                  Ben, thanks for confirming that about the WRITE access. I never understood that (it's even contradictory to Lawson KB articles!)
                  John
                  You are not authorized to post a reply.