Furtther 9.0.1 install errors: LDIFDE

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
    Having a problem running the LDIFDE command specified by the LSF installation:

Server: Win2k8 64 bit

Command:
    ldifde -b ADAMAdmin server * -s server.domain.com -t 389 -i -f d:\lawson\gen\install\lawsec_inst.ldif -v

Error
    C:\Users\ADAMAdmin>ldifde -b ADAMAdmin server * -s server.domain.com -t 389 -i -f d:\lawson\gen\install\lawsec_inst.ldif -v -j c:
    Type the password for server.domain.com:
    Connecting to "server.domain.com"
    Logging in as "ADAMAdmin" in domain "server" using SSPI
    Importing directory from file "d:\lawson\gen\install\lawsec_inst.ldif"
    Loading entries
    1: cn=lwsnrmbootclassname,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,CN={38C418F3-4BB1-4C15-B202
    -2C0D991D019B}

Add error on entry starting on line 5: Insufficient Rights
    The server side error is: 0x5 Access is denied.
    The extended server error is:
    00000005: SecErr: DSID-031521D0, problem 4003 (INSUFF_ACCESS_RIGHTS), data 0

0 entries modified successfully.
    An error has occurred in the program
    Jimmy Chiu
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
      add ADAMAdmin in your administrator group via ADSI Edit. It's under your Roles CN.
      brihyn
      Veteran Member
      Veteran Member
        Currently in Roles | Administrators | Member, I have the local Administrator's pc group, the domain Lawson account, the pc local ADAMAdmin account, as well as the ADAM ADAMAdmin account
        Am I not adding this in the correct location?
        Jimmy Chiu
        Veteran Member
        Veteran Member
          the problem is you do not have a DOMAIN\ADAMAdmin account as administrator in both your local computer and adam administrator groups. You can use the "lawson" account that has both rights. Or you can create a DOMAIN\ADAMAdmin account on your DC, then assign the account to both your local computer as administrator AND your ADAM administrator.
          brihyn
          Veteran Member
          Veteran Member
            well I think you may be pointing me to something...since this is Win2008, there's no actual AdamAdminstrator's group.
            I created a local lawson account, same password as the domain, added it to the local admin's group (which is listed in the Members or the Adam Administrator's properties) and tried running the command as Lawson. Still no luck.
            Jimmy Chiu
            Veteran Member
            Veteran Member
              When you run the ldife, it has to be a domain account. To make it easy, we will use your "lawson" DOMAIN (DOMAIN\lawson) account which you have been using for the LSF install.

1) The "lawson" domain account should be in the administrator group under "Computer Management" > "Local Users and Groups" > "Groups" > Administrators
              2) The "lawson" domain account should be added as your ADLDS administrator also in ADSI Edit under "Your base DN" > CN=Roles > CN=Administrators > properties > member > "Add Windows Account", then browse for your lawson domain account and add it as your ADLDS administrator.

now run the ldife with your lawson domain account credential.

P.S.

When you run thru the lawson installer, under the "Configuring Resource Management" part where it asked for "Enter the DN of an LDAP administrative user" and "Enter the password for LDAP administrative user", make sure the account you specified is in ADLDS administrator and the password is valid.

You should be able to use Jxplorer connect to the base DN and create a CN and delete a CN just for testing.

brihyn
              Veteran Member
              Veteran Member
                Thanks, Jimmy.
                It took a couple tries to get the command right but I finally got a success based on your email.

The command was run as follows:

ldifde -b lawson domain.com * -s server.domain.com -t 389 -i -f d:\lawson\gen\install\lawsec_inst.ldif -v
                You are not authorized to post a reply.