Help with Lawson 7.2.1 On IBM I AS/400 - Where to go for help

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author

Hi,

I am in a bit of predicament and am unsure where to go for help.  My company uses Lawson 7.2.1 on an IBM I AS/400. Our users connect via a Windows Desktop App Called Lawson Insight 7.2.1.  We are being pushed to get rid of the Citrix server hosting the desktop app as it's out of support with Microsoft, but Lawson is not compatible with Windows 7 or Higher. 

What I found was the users could do most functions directly on the Green Screens, but we could not execute some commands, so they were stuck.  All documentation we have is only for the Windows App.  Spoke with Infor and there is no upgrade path.  This is run off business and it will be gone in a few years so we don't want to migrate or upgrade. 

Questions:

1. Is there a user manual for Lawson Financials 7.2.1 Green Screen Version?

2. Does anyone know if we should be able to use it standalone without the Windows Version? 

3.  Am I in the wrong place? If so, please direct me to the appropriate forum, thanks!

Roger French
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

So you're using a version of Lawson that was sunsetted sometime back in the early to mid 2000s - 7.2.1.  (Someone correct me if I'm wrong about the dates.) Infor doesn't support that old version of it any longer, and I imagine your licenses for your version are no longer active. You would have to go searching on the Inforxtreme site for documentation for that version.

There may be some consultants out there who could help you with supporting your Lawson environment, but again, the version you have is very old. 

JimY
      Veteran Member
      Veteran Member
        Have you tried running the Desktop App from the desktop without going through Citrix?
        Vijay S
        Veteran Member
        Veteran Member

I am assuming that you are having Infor xtreme account. Download the the Lawson Insight Desktop (LID) which inforxtreme is having and try connecting to lawson with that, you should be able to connect! Previously, I worked with a customer who was using Lawson 7.2 on AIX, they were connecting via LID and it use to open up a menu screen for the users.

Regarding Manuals, you won't be getting them on Xtreme as the version is no longer being supported.

Kwane McNeal
          Veteran Member
          Veteran Member
            First, I'd want to know, are you on 7.2.1, or are you actually on 7.2.2.1. If the former, then vjS's suggestion is likely not to work. If the latter, definitely grab the oldest available version, and you'll likely have some level of success.

Second, if anyone there does any Microsoft development, it's likely you have an MSDN subscription. If so, you should be able to snag a copy of Windows 95, drop it into a VM and reinstall LIDE that way (assuming you still can find the license keys, since LIDE back then still required an install key, and you had license limits on number of PCs)

Third, as for the manuals... you need to reach out to another long time AS400 client. They are likely the only ones who still have them. You might still be able to reach out to someone retired from the old Lawson Software, pre-all mergers. Names I can think of who were solid AS400 techies were guys like Mike Rolloff (been a long time since I have seen him lurking anywhere) or John Cerullo (though if you have access to him, you likely wouldn't be asking this question at all)
            You are not authorized to post a reply.