LSF9.0.3(Windows) Start/Stoplaw error 1053

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
    It's annoying that it keeps doign that. I've tried increasing the timeout to -t 90 and no goal. Anyone know any workaround for this? Thanks.
    John Henley
      A few things to look at:
      Is it a particular Lawson component that is causing the timeout? if so, you can just add the -t parameter for that component. Is there a reason why the component times out? i.e. could there be an OS / hardware issue? Is the server too slow for Lawson?

What happens when you try stopping/starting via Windows services (not stoplaw/startlaw)?

Also, look in registry at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control. You can add a parameter (ControlTimeOut I think) that globally controls the timeout of service startup/shutdown ...
      Thanks for using the LawsonGuru.com forums!
      John
      Jimmy Chiu
      Veteran Member
      Veteran Member
        Added DWORD ServiceControlTimeOut for the Lawson Service. Increase the value of the timeout to 240.

The lawson service actually stopped in less time 10 seconds. But somehow, it doesn't respond to windows to acknowledge that the service has stopped.

Both methods of using stoplaw or manually going into service to stop the lawson service result in error 1053

It doesn't really effect the system with that error. It's just really annoying to have to wait for timeout error popup eventhough the service has been stopped and registered within seconds.

John Henley
          Couple other things to look at...
          - Are you stopping WWW and Websphere BEFORE stopping Lawson?
          - Do you (or other users) have LID sessions open when you stop?
          Both of those would cause the symptoms you're seeing...
          Thanks for using the LawsonGuru.com forums!
          John
          Jimmy Chiu
          Veteran Member
          Veteran Member
            The remote webserver has not been shutdown for week. Nor did I have LID open during the stoplaw/stopservice. I am those type of perfectionist admin who chase after every single error in the eventlog and this one really stumped me.

Chris Martin
            Veteran Member
            Veteran Member
              More power to you if you have the time. Most of us have to prioritize!
              You are not authorized to post a reply.