MSCM 2008 server requirements

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Does anybody have server/specs requirements for MSCM server that would be willing to share? I contacted Lawson and they can't give us any requirements, they don't support it. I looked in the installation guide and all they have is Windows Server 2008 R2. 

Carl.Seay
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
      You may want to check with your Infor Account Exec. Infor has a website with IBM that provides server specs based on your usage. Very generically, MSCM servers typically have 2-4 CPU's and 8-16 GB RAM. Again, it depends on your usage.
      Kwane McNeal
      Veteran Member
      Veteran Member
        In both this and the previous thread I notice you keep making the distinction between windows 2008 and windows 2008 r2.

Which so are you installing for?

Also, are you installing *just* mscm, are you upgrading everything (such as lsf), or is everything on one server (application-wise).

Kwane
        TJ Mann
        Veteran Member
        Veteran Member
          not trying to scare you, but 9 to 10 is consider new install. after you install, and run into issue, 99%, CASE will ask you for installer.

i had done: Infor smart office, infor smart note and MSCM9 to 10 myself, but at the end, lawson certified installer had to reinstall for us. good for your practice, but..

just my 2 pennies.
          Chesca
          Veteran Member
          Veteran Member

To be honest, I am not sure what I am doing yet, all I know is that we are currently on version 9.0.1 and would like to upgrade to 10.1.5.  I just inherited MSCM and there is no documentation.  

One of the requirements to upgrade our server to 2008. I supposed the server team will build the new server and I will then install MSCM with all the components. Although after doing some research and reading some of the posts here, I am seriously considering asking management to have Lawson do the upgrade as I am not a certified installer. Presenting this solution to the company will be a bit challenging as they cannot or do not want to pay for certified installers. 

Chesca
            Veteran Member
            Veteran Member

Thank you all for your input!

Chesca
              Veteran Member
              Veteran Member

Hi Kwane, we are on LSF 9.0 and we are not upgrading to 10 until  next year. We are upgrading Oracle and ESP. we are currently on MSP 6.  

Kwane McNeal
                Veteran Member
                Veteran Member
                  If you're still interested, please feel free to reach out anytime via telephone

Kwane
                  Chesca
                  Veteran Member
                  Veteran Member
                    We will go with Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 2, upgrade to MSCM 10.1 and order new HH devices. We got some general specs from our account executive for server requirements. Management still haven't decided whether we would need a certified installer or we would do the upgrade ourselves. We only have one box or server and three environments.
                    You are not authorized to post a reply.