Payroll (PR140) Job Running slow

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

In the past couple of payrolls, we have seen the PR140 job go from taking 20 minutes to run, to now taking almost two hours. There is nothing else going on with the server that could possibly cause a problem. During the run time of the PR140, all other scheduled and manually executed jobs are running fine. The problem is isolated to the PR140. The server has been rebooted, and a verifyora10 shows no issues. Lawson did suggest I remove the file $LAWDIR/prodline/prsrc/PR140.cfg, as they have had reported cases where the existence of this file will sometimes cause poor performance of the PR140. I renamed the file for this week’s payroll, but the job is still taking up to two hours to finish.

Last week I copied the database to our TEST server, and the PR140 ran in a matter of minutes as it normally does.

I am at a loss. Lawson support has not been much help in identifying why and how. Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas as to what can cause a significant slowdown of the PR140.

8.1 Apps MSP 5, LSF 9.0.0.3

./Richard

Shaun
      Did you ever figure this issue out?  we are apps 9.0.1 but are having the same issue, didn't know if maybe if your solution would apply to our situation as well.
      Omran
      Basic Member
      Basic Member
        I would recommend having your DBA do a SQL server Trace to capture the Sql activity while the job is running . This sounds like Index/Statistic is out of date . What RDMS are you running ? SQL server or Oracle ?
        Try rebuilding the indexes and update the statistics and rerun the job again.

Thanks,
        Omran
        You are not authorized to post a reply.