Random Bad File Status Erorrs (9/035 & 9/013)

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
    Hi all,

Since upgrading to Lawson 9.0.1, we've randomly experienced "Bad File Status 9 035" errors in various Lawson delivered programs.  Looking up the code, it leads to incorrect permissions on the file that was just generated by the program, usually a temporary file.

Additionally, we've been experiencing a "Bad File Status 9 013" on sort files that are generated by Lawson delivered programs, the most recent being PR197 that derailed our Payroll.  Again, looking this up says that the file does not exist.  I have trouble determining how a file created by a program is mysteriously gone when it goes into a reporting phase.  We've also received the error randomly on other programs like PR141 and PR139.

Lawson recommended that we update our compiler, which was completed a few weeks ago.  While we thought we were through it, the issue showed up once again.

We still have a case open with Lawson.  However, has anyone else experienced similar symptoms?

I wasn't on board with the company for the upgrade, but from my understanding, it involved new hardware, a new type of disk storage, new environment and new apps.  Definitely a lot of variables to take a look at.

Server architecture and the nitty gritty of system administration is not quite my forte, so I can only think of possibilities without knowing how to research them.  I'd have to loop in some folks that know more of that than me.  However, it almost seems, in the 9/013 error that there might be some garbage collection running on the disk storage since a lot of these files that are missing are temporary?  Again, I'm not even sure if that's possible.

If anyone has any advice, please respond or shoot me a message.  I'd love to hear what you've done or what you think we could look at.

Thanks,
    Randall
    Woozy
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
      Hi Randall,

Are you by chance on Unix?  We've had this problem when multiple users are running jobs that use the same files/folders.  One user would run the job and it would create the folders/files with their Owner/Group info (i.e. meadek/meadek.upg 660) rather than using the Lawson group (meadek/lawson 660).  Then, when a different user tried to run the job it would puke because they didn't have rights to the folder or file.

We ended up working with our infrastructure team to set up a script that runs regularly (every minute??) that updates rights in the {prodline}/work folder so it eliminates this issue.

Just something to consider.

Kelly
      Kelly Meade
      J. R. Simplot Company
      Boise, ID
      Randall
      Veteran Member
      Veteran Member
        Hi Kelly,

Thanks for your response.  Yes, we are on UNIX.  That's a good suggestion.  Have you run into any additional issues since the script was implemented, or still seen errors on occasion?

Thanks,
        Randall
        Woozy
        Veteran Member
        Veteran Member
          We do occasionally run into errors, but it is usually due to one of two things.  First, the user isn't set up correctly as a Batch User - usually meaning they aren't in the Lawson group.  Second, two jobs were run against the same file within the one-minute window - but this rarely happens.
          Kelly Meade
          J. R. Simplot Company
          Boise, ID
          You are not authorized to post a reply.