security_authen.log Security Factory Error LSF 9016

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
    Installing LSF 9016 and all the smoke tests are working, but I'm see an error in security.authen.log fie:

Wed May 26 13:26:10 EDT 2010 - 876256661: Security factory was unable to find class com.lawson.security.authen.ManagerFactoryLMImpl.

Any help would be appreciated.
    John Henley
      Hi David, there are some config files delivered with LSF that inadvertently have a carriage return in the classpath which caused similar "class not found" errors. I don't have a 9.0.1.6 environment handy, but I remember it was one of the .jar files in pfserv.cfg

You might want to do a grep on $LAWDIR/system for ManagerFactoryLMImpl and see if it is defined in any of the .cfg or .properties, etc. files, and if so, see if the file looks like it has similar issue.
      Thanks for using the LawsonGuru.com forums!
      John
      DavidV
      Veteran Member
      Veteran Member
        I had the carriage return problem with the lawsec_inst.ldif file. Starting in the security configuration data section it started adding carriage returns to the file. You might want to note that for future reference.

I searched from lawson base using find and grep and couldn't find anything with impl that wasn't supposed to have it and they all looked clean. Double checked all the cfg files for carriage returns and they all looked good.
        DavidV
        Veteran Member
        Veteran Member
          Thanks John

I've seached all the folders for carriage returns in files that shouldn't have them. Compared them against what we had in 900. redeployed the applications. Stop and restarted everything and we are still getting the error in security_authen.log:
          Wed May 26 17:26:37 EDT 2010 - 1044448577: Security factory was unable t
          o find class com.lawson.security.authen.ManagerFactoryLMImpl

Everything is working. Is it safe to continue?
          John Henley
            Well "LM" implies it's looking for something related to Landmark, so if you don't have Landmark apps, and everything is running OK...then it might not be an "error". =
            Thanks for using the LawsonGuru.com forums!
            John
            DavidV
            Veteran Member
            Veteran Member
              Thanks John

I'll assume the best and continue. Just don't like errors in log files. If I figure it out I'll update the post.
              Derek
              Basic Member
              Basic Member
                Getting the same message. Any resolution to this.

Thanks,

DavidV
                Veteran Member
                Veteran Member
                  Still getting the error. Simply been ignoring it and haven't found any issues. We aren't using LandMark.
                  Jimmy Chiu
                  Veteran Member
                  Veteran Member
                    I have the same problem also on 9.0.1.6. Been ignoring it since.
                    Jimmy Chiu
                    Veteran Member
                    Veteran Member
                      After looking at by 9.0.1.3 S3 ENV vs my 9.0.1.6 S3 ENV, i found SecurityAuthenLogger does not exist in my 9.0.1.3 SecurityLoggerConfiguration.xml

There are couple log producers in the <!-- Definition of Producers ---> that have been turned off by default also.

For the time being unless I have a reason to. I am turning "SecurityAuthenlogger" off because it produced nothing but this meaningless error. I believe this logger is for Lankmark...

This is the line in %lawdir%\system\SecurityLoggerConfiguration.xml to modify to turn off security_authen.log logging.

<producer_name="SecurityAuthenLogger" classname="com.lawson.security.common.logging.SecurityMessageProducer" enabled="false">
                      Jimmy Chiu
                      Veteran Member
                      Veteran Member
                        Confirmed by lawson this error is Landmark related. Can be ignored safely if you are on S3.
                        You are not authorized to post a reply.