Server upgrade 2008 and MSCM

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Hope someone can help me here. I have been assigned to upgrade MSCM to the latest so I am trying to understand the server requirements. We are on 2003 so we need to upgrade to 2008. The server team is asking me for specs but Lawson doesn't have any specs. I don't know much about servers and it's not my area of expertise. When the server team builds a server, would I need to re-install all the components including websphere, DSSO, that are already installed, Internet Explorer etc on the old one?

MSP 6, ESP 13, LSF 9.0.1, Lawson Procurement 9.0.1, Portal, Oracle 11gR2, MC70 HH unit, DSP

MPC 9.0.1.2.13

RAD 9.0.1.2.13

PlatForm 9.0.1.2.13

TJ Mann
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
      when you download softwares, read install guide. normally, it mentions about system requirement. migrating windows 2003 to 2008 is not easy, especially from ADAM to AD-LDS.
      Kwane McNeal
      Veteran Member
      Veteran Member
        This is a very site specific question, with a lot of facets that would be too numerous for this thread to address.

Feel free to call me at 505-433-7744, and I'll see if I can give you some general guidance.

Now very generally speaking you will need to reinstall all the components, especially if you aren't currently on windows 2003 R2 (64-bit). This move involves not only a version upgrade, it is a bit mode change.

I can't give more info, as there isn't enough info in this post, such as products, versions, etc.

Kwane
        Chesca
        Veteran Member
        Veteran Member
          Hi Kwane, thanks for your quick response and phone number and will call you as soon sometime next week. Can you share specs/requirements for building a new MSCM server? The server team has asked me for those so I opened a ticket with Lawson and they can't give me specs/requirements for our system.
          Chesca
          Veteran Member
          Veteran Member
            Hi Kwane, do you know if we have to do any setting changes/updates to our current hand held devices to point to the new server?
            Greg Moeller
            Veteran Member
            Veteran Member
              If you have kept the same IP address with the new server and same port for MSCM, you shouldn't have to change anything.
              Otherwise, you'll have to change the IP or URL that you connect to the server with in the handhelds.
              Kwane McNeal
              Veteran Member
              Veteran Member
                Greg is correct.
                Chesca
                Veteran Member
                Veteran Member

I just found out the IP and host name is different on the new server. We ave new URL and port, which means I would have to give all the users the URL to connect to the new MSCM server. This is not good for us because we wanted to make this as transparent as possible for the users. I am thinking maybe our admin guy can create an alias so the current URL can redirect the users to the new server? Would that be possible?  

You are not authorized to post a reply.