Sql Server 2005 and Lawson 9.0.1.4

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
    Hey folks. A newbie to the Lawson world myself, I am working with a company that has implemented Lawson 8.0 on Sql Server 2000 and now want to go to Sql Server 2005 and Lawson 9.0.1.4 and have experienced issues. Read my blog for more on the issue and feel free to respond here or on my blog (which is ligitimate) with any assistance! Thanks much friends!

http://countrypointe.com/...-on-sql-server-2005/
    Joe O'Toole
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
      Was your decision to move to SQL 2005 because of LSF 9.01 requirements? It appears Lawson has removed all traces of SQL 2000 from their supported lists. We're still on 8.03 apps and running LSF 9.004 but looking to upgrade to 9.008 without upgrading SQL which we will do when moving to 9.01. Is anyone out there running 9.008 with SQL 2000?
      John Henley
        Ward, see this post for some additional insight:
        https://www.lawsonguru.co...ft/6139/Default.aspx

Not having the proper (i.e. Lawson-mandated latin_general_bin) collation is definitely going to cause major pain when migrating to 9.0, particularly for the GEN database.

The tier issues are rooted in Lawson's COBOL legacy past (and apparently will carry forward into Landmark, but that is another story for another day). Without going into detail, suffice it to say that Lawson will always perform best when the database is on the app server.
        Thanks for using the LawsonGuru.com forums!
        John
        Ward Mitchell
        Veteran Member
        Veteran Member
          [quote]
          Posted By John Henley on 04/30/2010 03:30 PM
          Ward, see this post for some additional insight:
          https://www.lawsonguru.co...ft/6139/Default.aspx

Not having the proper (i.e. Lawson-mandated latin_general_bin) collation is definitely going to cause major pain when migrating to 9.0, particularly for the GEN database.

The tier issues are rooted in Lawson's COBOL legacy past (and apparently will carry forward into Landmark, but that is another story for another day). Without going into detail, suffice it to say that Lawson will always perform best when the database is on the app server.
          [/quote]

John, I was starting to wonder about this and glad you pointed me in the right direction. I will let my folks know that this is probably just the way it will be. We finally got here actually in our testing, but we were just going to trial run it. But maybe now we will just make it official and host Lawson and DB together. It's an executve decision at this point ;) Thanks much for the assistance!
          John Henley
            There are some things you can do to make it better depending on your load, size, apps, etc. but it will still never be as good. =
            John
            Ward Mitchell
            Veteran Member
            Veteran Member
              [quote]
              Posted By John Henley on 04/30/2010 04:31 PM
              There are some things you can do to make it better depending on your load, size, apps, etc. but it will still never be as good. =
              [/quote]

Yeah that's what we fought for the last few weeks. But knowing what we know now, we are in better shape and it looks at thought the 1-tier is what we will shoot for. You will probably see me on here more often, so I'll look for you. Thanks for the help John!
              John Henley
                Moving topic to sys admin forum...
                John
                You are not authorized to post a reply.