Stay on 8.0.3 past decomission date

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author
    As always with any project, I've been tasked to do a risk analysis of the project. One of those is the idea of staying on 8.0.3 for an unspecified time past the decommission date.

As a sys admin I am very skeptical of this idea, but I would like to hear from anyone else who may have done this in the past and how you managed your environments?

It's my understanding Lawson will continue to support known issues past the decommission date however they won't work to resolve any new issues that maybe identified past that time.

My biggest concern are the secondary applications were dependent on such as BSI. A perfect example is the new version of BSI that has come out. If you're not on the 8.0.3 environment you can't take Taxfactory 8 because of the environment patch required is made only for the 8.0.3 environment.

I know there are customers even now who may not be on a "supported" environment and I would like to know how they deal with these situations when they arise.

If anyone has any experience with this or thoughts on this I'm all ears. I even have some of my Lawson users who believe Lawson may extend the date for the 8.0.3 environment due to the # of customers who have yet to migrate but I don't believe they will, nor do I think thats a gamble I want to bet on.

I'd be interested to hear what others thoughts are on it.

TIA

John Henley
      Brian, there are a few organizations, like CIBER and Absolute, which will provide support beyond Lawson's decommission date. And Lawson will also provide some support on a pay-per-call basis. But you really have to question the wisdom of not staying current. I'd highly recommend that your organization reconsider, specifically since you are using Tax Factory, which means you're using Payroll. If I were an auditor or a shareholder in such an organization, I'd be all over that. There are few things that raise a flag higher than having a payroll that's reliant on an unsupported system. And, you as their employee who obviously knows better, should be the first one out the door when they make such a bad decision.
      Thanks for using the LawsonGuru.com forums!
      John
      Joe O'Toole
      Veteran Member
      Veteran Member
        I was on a LSF9 Webinar 2 weeks ago and learned that Lawson announced the extension of support for the 8.03 Environment from 7/31/08 to 5/31/09 for customers who purchase LSF9 by 5/15/08. You will need to analyze which option will be cheaper for your organization.
        You are not authorized to post a reply.