Upgrading SQL from 2000 to 2005 or 2008 on LSF 9.00X

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
    I'm planning an update of our LSF from 9.004 to 9.009 and since the sleeves will be rolled up, upgrade our SQL 2000 instance as well. I've heard rumors about SQL 2008 quirks and wanted to hear about anyones experiences who has done this. Our SQL 2005 is Standard edition and will not install on top of our 2000 Enterprise instance. Our 2008 is Enterprise so it should be able to install as an upgrade. Thanks for any info.
    Joe O'Toole
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
      I wanted to add that the main reason we were considering 2005 was the Backward Compatibility Pack that provides DTS support as we have quite a few DTS packages written. It appears that this pack is also available for SQL 2008 so that no longer should be a factor in the decision.
      Jimmy Chiu
      Veteran Member
      Veteran Member
        Have you checked the compatibility matrix? The older OS running lawson does not support SQL 2008.
        Joe O'Toole
        Veteran Member
        Veteran Member
          Actually, I didn't mention my OS version - it is Windows 2003 R2.
          According to page 11 of the matrix I have dated April 26, 2010 Windows 2003R2 is compatible with LSF 9.007 and SQL 2008. Are you looking at something different?
          Jimmy Chiu
          Veteran Member
          Veteran Member
            Windows 2003 doesn't support SQL 2008 according to what you looked at. Windows 2003 R2 does however.
            Joe O'Toole
            Veteran Member
            Veteran Member
              I was speaking with a Lawson engineer today and they confirmed that SQL 2008 will work on my system which is Windows 2003 R2 and (will be shortly) LSF 9.0.0.9.
              ChadH
              Basic Member
              Basic Member
                Does anyone know about the compatability of SQL 2008 SP2 with Lawson 9.0.1.6?
                ChadH
                Basic Member
                Basic Member
                  If anyone was curious or needed to know, just got done speaking with the Lawson tech staff and they stated that SQL2008 SP2 did not interfere with functions of LSF9.0.1.6.
                  You are not authorized to post a reply.