Uprade from 8.0.3 to LSF 9.0

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
    Hi! my company is considering an update from 8.0.3 to 9.0 I have read a couple of documents that list some of the advantages of 9.0, but im not satisfied with what i learned/read.. basically i just need input if i should also recommend a 9.0 upgrade. Specific comparison on security, Application, etc. would be great.. Thanks!!!!
    merickson
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
      I looked at doing an 8.1 to 9.0 upgrade along with an LSF migration but decided to do LSF first and then go to 9.0 in a year or two. This way change management will be easier plus the release notes didn't show enough additional features to justify the upgrade yet. I'd say that LSF migration will keep everyone busy enough but if Lawson gives you a big enough discount and you have 6 months for all of it then do both.
      jjcyeshua
      Veteran Member
      Veteran Member
        I was thinking about the same move, but they informed my that they have purchased to upgrade the application side first... to 9.0 and want to know if we need the LSF 9.0.. so far my biggest problem if we implement this is that once we setup LBI on 8.0.3 environment, we have to redo everything again once we upgrade to LSF. Also i heard the Lawson will decommission their 8.0.3, so it means that there will be no support from lawson. any advice/ suggestions/comments... thanks again!!!!
        merickson
        Basic Member
        Basic Member
          You do need LSF 9.0. I could've had LBI implemented against 803 environment but it would've cost around 50K to do it and then would've had to do it when we go to 9.0. In addition - if processflows are setup they may need to be adjusted to work and the same goes for design studio screens, etc. Go to LSF 9.0 at the same time is my recommendation for you.
          jjcyeshua
          Veteran Member
          Veteran Member
            Thanks...bro...
            John Henley
              Jonathan, going back to your original question:are you referring to 8.0.3->9.0 APP upgrade or environment/TECH upgrade?
              Thanks for using the LawsonGuru.com forums!
              John
              jjcyeshua
              Veteran Member
              Veteran Member
                we are upgrading to 8.1 ->9.0 application upgrade and thinking about 8.0.3 -> LSF 9.0 upgrade...do you have any suggestions....
                i would really appreciate any info about this.. thanks!!!
                Ben Coonfield
                Veteran Member
                Veteran Member
                  If you want the 9.0 apps, you have to do the LSF 9.0 upgrade, either first or at the same time. So if you are committed to 9.0 apps, you don't have a choice about whether to install LSF.
                  jjcyeshua
                  Veteran Member
                  Veteran Member
                    so you're saying that i can't run 9.0 apps on 803 environment.?
                    Ben Coonfield
                    Veteran Member
                    Veteran Member
                      Yes that is right. You can't run 9.0 apps on 803 environment.
                      jjcyeshua
                      Veteran Member
                      Veteran Member
                        Can you run any other components on 8.0.3 (i.e. Framework services, LBI, Smart Notification, etc...)
                        John Henley
                          LBI, Framework Services, and LSN are actually separate installs that integrate with 8.0.3 Environment as well as LSF9. With LSF9 you get easier SSO integration between the products. In addition, you need to realize that Lawson is putting their R&D efforts into the 9.0 versions of everything at this point, and that the 8.0.3 code is simply getting bug fixes.
                          Thanks for using the LawsonGuru.com forums!
                          John
                          Chatrati
                            Hi All, I have two questions:

1) Can any one share me their issues details/issue logs from their
                            upgrade to LSF 9.0.

2) Is it mandatory to have MSP11 with LSF 9.0.

thanks!

k-rock
                            Veteran Member
                            Veteran Member
                              It is mandatory now to have MSP11 to do the skip upgrade.
                              Chatrati
                                What are the implications with MSP10 and LSF 9.0
                                thanks in advance.
                                Greg Moeller
                                Veteran Member
                                Veteran Member
                                  We have a go-live next weekend (Aug 19) with 8.0.3.10 apps.

One thing I will say, is that there are A LOT of CTP's required, read that again, REQUIRED if you want to go forward with MSP10. Not sure if Lawson will even support an MSP10 upgrade to LSF9 now with the last posters comment.

I'm sure that we were too far into it for them to MAKE us install MSP11, but the other sys admin and I kind of wish we had. The only thing is, to test an MSP is very, very similar to testing a whole upgrade which I don't think that any of us have the time to do first and then make the users come back in and test the upgrade to LSF9 after that.

It's a whole resource/time/commitment/scheduling nightmare and with us being a Health-Care facility there just isn't enough of us to go around.

Just my thoughts, though.
                                  -Greg Moeller
                                  You are not authorized to post a reply.