Windows 2008 R2 WAS 7 Install

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
    I have some very disjointed documentation on our WebSphere 7.0 install and was hoping I could get some clarification from those more experienced. One of the biggest problems I've run into is that the registry keys that are supposed to be created after the Plug-ins install are not there when I go to verify. Is this a permissions issue with 2008 R2 and can I just add the values manually?
    John Henley
      Are you referring to the startup / services entries?=
      Thanks for using the LawsonGuru.com forums!
      John
      Jimmy Chiu
      Veteran Member
      Veteran Member
        Disable windows firewall.

Disable UAC temporary during the install.

Control panel > User accounts > Change User Account Control settings > drag it all the way down on the slider > ok > reboot

kdcoate
        Veteran Member
        Veteran Member
          It looks like we already had UAC disabled during the install - but still no registry entries. (These are the entries for install path, bin path, etc.). Everything seems to be functioning without the reg values and I was just concerned that missing them might point to bigger issues with the install. My inclination is to add the values manually and press forward. Bad idea?
          Jimmy Chiu
          Veteran Member
          Veteran Member
            Are you able to pass the snoop test after the plugin install?
            kdcoate
            Veteran Member
            Veteran Member
              Yes - snoop test passed.
              Jimmy Chiu
              Veteran Member
              Veteran Member
                What reg entries you are referring to? I can compare it on my dev server with you.
                kdcoate
                Veteran Member
                Veteran Member
                  The document I have says to verify the following entry: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>Software>IBM>Web server Plug-ins for IBM Websphere Application Server>Version#. I don't have this entry. Thanks Jimmy.
                  Jimmy Chiu
                  Veteran Member
                  Veteran Member
                    Nope. don't have that registry entry on my Windows 2008 R2 64 bit DEV server running WAS7.0 plugin-ins. No problem whatsoever on my DEV server.

That entry is there however on my production environment on Windows 2003 R2 32 bit running WAS6.1 plugin-ins.

Doing a search in registry.

I did find this under Win2008R2 with WAS7.0 plugin

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\IBM\Web server Plug-ins for IBM WebSphere Application Server\7.0.0.0

and another one under

HKEY_USERS\......

Looks like they moved the reg entry location. Since this entry is not on my Win2003R2 with WAS6.1 plugin
                    kdcoate
                    Veteran Member
                    Veteran Member
                      Thank you Jimmy. I feel more comfortable moving on now.
                      You are not authorized to post a reply.